Chapter 2

Kitiara's POV

"It's me Kitiara Morales" I said slightly sticking my head in the room." Ah Kitiara! Please come in", he said. I entered the room and walked over to his desk. "How are you doing?", he asked, " I'm doing fine, how 'bout yourself?", I asked. He chuckled a little "I'm doing well, did you have a hard time getting here?", he asked. "No, it was an easy trip. Well, up until I had to find your office, but I had some help", I told him. He closed his eyes and nodded his head, he then stood up and walked over to the door. He opened the door and said " Ready to see the wonders of SFIT?". I stared at him then the door and then back at him. I slightly smiled and gave him a small nod.

*Time skip *

We walked around the campus, Callaghan explained on which building has what and the history of the institution. I was starting to really like it here. We then came back to the Robotics Lab, he then proceeded to show me the "nerd lab", the place was pretty cool. Students were testing out their inventions and we even talked to a few of them. After wishing them luck we proceeded out  the main lab and stood in front of one of the personal labs." Okay I will admit, this place is really something else. Now I know why my father talked about it so much", I said with a small smile. Callaghan chuckled "Well the tour isn't over just yet, these are one of our individual labs that some of our students earn", he said and proceeded to open the door and turn on the lights. He nodded his head toward the room indicating for me to go in. As soon as I walked in I was amazed.

After looking around for a moment I broke the silence. "Okay, I am officially blown away. I mean look at this lab, it's so spacious, and not to mention that sweet view", I walked over to the large circular window that showed the campus. I slightly smiled and turned back to Callaghan. "When I was a kid, I wished for a lab like this, where I could invent all sorts of things. One day I'll get there. Whoever gets this lab, sure is gonna be lucky", I said with a small laugh.

"Then why don't you make your wish come true?", Callaghan asked me. I looked at him a little confused "What do you mean?" I asked. He walked over to me "This lab can be yours if you'd like", he said with a small smile. My eyes widen "Mine? No, I didn't earn it, and plus I'm not a student here", I said with a chuckle and crossing my arms. I looked down sadly " I'm not that hardworking, another student who's worthy, deserves this lab", I said with a sad smile." Kitiara", he said softly while putting a hand on my shoulder." You've more than earned it, you've proven yourself on how hard you're willing to work, and how far you're willing to push yourself to succeed. You remind me of your father", I looked up at him when he said the last sentence.

"My father?", I asked. Callaghan nodded "He was a hard working man, and always pushed himself, but not too much that he'd hurt himself", he said with a small laugh. I laughed as well "But most importantly he always had faith and never gave up so easily", he added. I looked down smiling slightly "Plus I've seen your college transcript and high school records, and you truly are a gifted student Kitiara, and not to mention quite creative", he said. I smiled up at him "Thank you Professor Callaghan, you sure have a lot of faith in me", I said. He slightly chuckled "Of course, you deserve it. The lab was the last part of the tour, what are your final thoughts?", he asked.

I thought for a moment, going back to all that I saw and from what Callaghan told me. I slightly smiled and looked up "I say..... I can't wait to get started ", with that Callaghan smiled and stuck out his hand. I shook his hand "Welcome to SFIT'', he said. I gave him a small nod and smiled "I can't wait to see what you create", he said and with that we left and began my transfer to SFIT.

When I got home my Uncle was on the sofa watching TV. I closed the door, causing him to look towards my direction. "Hey kiddo! So, how was the visit?", he asked." It was amazing actually, I learned more about the campus, it's programs and a lot of other cool stuff. It was really nice there", I told him as I sat next to him. He smiled at me "I'm glad you had fun, but the important question is, what did you decide in the end?", he asked. I smiled "This girl is transferring to SFIT''. My Uncle laughed and patted my back "I'm proud of you kid, but most of all your parents would've been so proud", he said. I smiled and gave him a small nod.