Chapter 21

Kitiara stared up at the tree, while catching her breath. She then suddenly heard a branch snap from her right. Her eyebrows furrowed "Who's there?" she said as she quickly and quietly made her way over towards the noise. Kitiara reached out and gripped the leaves, and in one quick motion pulled them aside. Kitiara was surprised to see Tadashi on the other side. "Tadashi? W-what are you doing here?" she asked." I, Uh." said Tadashi nervously avoiding eye contact. Kitiara raised her hand to stop him "Hold on, how long have you been standing here?" asked Kitiara. Tadashi rubbed the back of his neck "Um, you have a really nice singing voice." he said with a nervous chuckle.

Kitiara's eyes widened, and she blushed in embarrassment. She quickly let go of the tree's leaves and turned around covering her face. ("Omg! He heard me singing! How embarrassing! I should've been more careful!"). Tadashi was thinking about leaving her alone, but he wanted to apologize for intruding. He carefully pulled the leaves aside and stepped in, he saw Kitiara look at him slightly, but her expression showed slight anger.

Kitiara looked away and walked towards the tree's trunk, she heard Tadashi call her name, but ignored him. She hid behind it and leaned her back against the trunk and hugged herself with her head down. Tadashi saw Kitiara disappear behind the trunk, this made him feel more awful for his actions. Nonetheless, he was determined to make things right...at least he hoped. He slowly made his way over to Kitiara, upon approaching her, he frowned. He saw her hugging herself while staring at the ground, her hair covering the side of her face . He let out a sigh, and leaned against the trunk just a little ways from her.

He glanced at her for a quick second and then looked away. "If I was in your place I would be mad at me too." he sighs once again and leans his head against the trunk. "I'm sorry Kitiara, really I am. I shouldn't have invaded your personal space. I guess I was just worried you might get lost in the forest, since people rarely use this path. I also wanted to see if you were doing okay, when I saw you walking through the park, you looked lost in thought. Like something was bothering you." said Tadashi. Kitiara dropped her hands and folded them in front of her lap.

She slightly looked at Tadashi, and then back at her hands.

Kitiara was upset with Tadashi, but at the same time she was touched that he would go out of his way to see if she was okay. She smiled slightly at his action, but it would've been nice if he at least announced his presence. Tadashi cleared his throat, catching Kitiara's attention" I'll go ahead and leave you be, but again, I am really sorry for invading your space." he said and started to leave.

Tadashi stopped midway when he heard chuckling, he turned around and saw that Kitiara was still staring at the ground, but was now chuckling. Tadashi smiled a bit "What?" he asked with a small chuckle. Kitiara looked up towards Tadashi. "It's just, you have a very strange way of checking on your friends. Unless you consider following your friends on a daily basis a normal thing." she said, slightly chuckling. Tadashi slightly laughed while rubbing his neck, but then slowly stopped and frowned a bit. He looked at Kitiara "Kitiara I'm really sorry for intruding, and for following you. I didn't mean to, I was just concerned. "he said.

Kitiara stared at Tadashi for a moment, taking in his words. She then looked down, a small smile appearing "It's fine Tadashi, really." she said looking up at him with a small smile. Tadashi smiled back, relieved that she wasn't upset or mad at him. He looked around, seeing the tree's leaves sway in the gentle breeze.

"If you don't mind me asking, how do you know about this place?" asked Tadashi looking back at Kitiara. Looking up at the tree branches, Kitiara blew through her nose and smiled, memories of her childhood flooding in. She pushed off the tree's trunk and stuffed her hands in her pants pocket. "My mother and I would come here a lot, especially during the summer." she said while slowly walking towards Tadashi.

"Oh I see. This place must be very special to you." said Tadashi. Kitiara smiled sadly, "Seguro que lo es, it sure is." she said. They both stood there enjoying the breeze, and each other's company. Kitiara pulled out her phone to check the time, "We should head back, it's starting to get late." she said. Tadashi nodded in agreement and both started heading back.

After exiting the forest path Tadashi turned towards Kitiara. "Mind if I walk you home?" asked Tadashi. "That's okay I'll - ." she stopped mid sentence and remembered something "Actually I don't mind. I just remembered I wanted to give you something. "she said and started walking towards her place, Tadashi close behind.

________________________________________________________________________________

Hello lovely readers! Sorry for the long update, I had written the chapter, but it was a bit too long and there were some parts that didn't satisfy me and was a bit cringing. I'm not to proud of this chapter, but nonetheless I hope you like it! 

See you next chapter! :)