Chapter 23

Alright, no more procrastinating. It's time to get SERIOUS.

lol sorry for the long wait, but here's the next chapter! Hope you like it :D

PS: I put an image of how the layout of  Kitiara's apartment looks like, since I'm a bit to lazy to explain in words on how it looks. 

_______________________________________________________________________________

They both walked towards the elevators in silence, although it was a bit awkward. Entering the elevator, Kitiara pressed the button to her floor. Tadashi glanced at Kitiara, he saw her gripping the container a bit tightly. "Are you okay?" he asked softly. He saw her lighten her grip, "Yeah, I'm fine. Just thinking." she said. She took a deep breath in and let it out slowly, and gave Tadashi a tight smile. He wasn't completely satisfied with her answer, but decided not to pry. The elevator dinged on Kitiara's floor, they both stepped out and headed towards her apartment.

Kitiara unlocked the door and walked in, Tadashi was hesitant. Kitiara turned her head and saw Tadashi just standing there unsure. "Don't worry, come in." she said with a small smile.

He slowly entered the apartment, Kitiara closed the door behind him. "If you don't mind taking off your shoes please, I mopped earlier and I don't want the floor to get dirty." she said with a small chuckle. He did as told and put them aside. Kitiara led Tadashi towards the kitchen, as they walked further in, Tadashi noticed that the apartment was rather large, but comfortable.

They entered the kitchen, and Kitiara placed the container down on the kitchen island and proceeded to wash her hands. Tadashi walked over to the island and placed his hands on it while looking around, "You have a really nice place." he said looking at Kitiara. She looked up at Tadashi, "Oh, um Thanks. My uncle wanted me to be comfortable, and I appreciate it." she said drying her hands. She then turned around and grabbed the container that contained the food she had cooked earlier. She grabbed a fork and plate and placed everything on the island counter.

Kitiara lifted the lid from her container, and immediately Tadashi was hit with a delicious smell. "Mmm, what's that? It smells good." he said, leaning forward a bit. Kitiara smiled slightly "Heh, their Pastelito Salvadoreños, they're usually filled with either beef or chicken and mixed veggies, and then they're fried. These ones I made with beef." she explained. She picked one up with a fork and held it towards Tadashi. "You wanna try it?" she asked. He nodded his head and went to grab it, but Kitiara pulled it back and pointed to the sink.

"First go wash your hands, then you can have it." she said. Tadashi chuckled, but did as told. As he was drying his hands, Kitiara held out the pastelito that was now wrapped in a paper towel. Tadashi gladly took it, and then bit into it.