Matty shook her head.

"I have no idea who that is."

"He is one of the richest oilmen and cattle farmers in Canada," Bill informed his wife.

"They found oil on one of his properties many years ago."

Gail nodded.

"Daddy gave Simon his start in business and he only did that because I insisted that he did. Daddy doesn't think too much of my husband."

Gail laughed slightly, as she sipped her drink.

"Actually, he thinks Simon is a fucking asshole."

"Well, Daddy is not alone in that," Matty quipped, as she lit a cigarette.

"Believe me, Matty, there are times when I feel the same. Simon can be the biggest pain in the ass at times and he has the unique ability to irritate almost everyone that he meets, but, truth is, I love the jackass and I know a side of him that no one else does."

"Well, he must really keep that side hidden," Matty laughed.

"What he tried to pull off here Monday, was just ..."

"Fucking insane," Gail offered.

"You had no idea?"

Gail shook her head.

"Not a clue, Bill. Simon told me he was going to Calgary for a few days to look at the possibility of opening some new franchise, with Boston Pizza.

Next I heard, he was in fucking jail, facing a hundred and one charges for coming into Tuckamore Bay and trying to strong-arm you and Matty into signing over the Bay."

Gail drew hard on her cigarette.

"Fucking moron."

"So you are aware of what he did, Gail, but that does not answer why you are here, talking with us."

"I had no idea why Simon was so interested in this place, until he told me when I talked to him on Thursday. I have no idea how he got involved in this whole thing."

Gail snuffed her cigarette and put her folded hands on the table.

"We don't need the money. I am an only child and I have an inheritance that will be worth hundreds of millions or possibly even billions of dollars."

She picked up the papers and laughed slightly.

"Really? A Tim Horton's in Tuckamore Bay?"

Matty grinned.

"I did that to irritate more than anything."

Gail laughed.

"I see all you have done here at the Bay and it is amazing. This place is beautiful and I can see it being a major tourist attraction in the future. And for all that to happen, you will need money."

"We have sufficient funds to do what we have planned," Bill assured her.

"And we are not looking for any type of partner."

Tuckamore BayOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara