34. regret

Clara

I kept banging my head against the table.

What kind of sister was I that I left my brother behind. I was older than him which made it worst.

"Stop, tormenting yourself" Jack said putting two cups of coffee on the table.

"I want to die. I feel like I killed someone. Worse yet my brother" I said bitting me lower lip.

"He is also my brother" he said sitting down on his chair looking calm.

"How can you say that like nothing. He saved us"  I said glaring at him.

I knew the real story now and everything still sounded crazy.

I was more furious at the way Jake took everything in.

He didn't care.

I tried to tell him that steven was raised different than us. It was not his fault the way he was.

He saved us.

He could have killed us which he didn't.

There was still hope for him.

Veronica the real veronica. Was locked in her room cussing Jack for leaving Steven behind and doing nothing.

"Your a coward! Your nothing like your father if he was alive he would die again because of you" Veronica yelled at Jack.

Hitting him in the chest and cursing.

I wanted to do the same thing but he did save me.

And I can come up with a plan to get Steven instead of blaming others.

The doctor was also worried for his family.

His wife and two kids were kidnapped by David. And he feared for their life.

We could help each other out without others stopping us or finding out.

"You got too quiet" Jack said sipping his coffee.

"You can't possible be jealous of Steven. We are divorced and you remarried someone else" I said firmly.

"You know that I married my wife to make you jealous and for you to come back to me" he said. I stopped banging my head and looked at him.

"And yet she died thanks to you" I snapped regretting it as soon as Jack expression harden.

"She loved me yet I was not a good husband. I regret the way I was towards her" he said putting his cup down and getting up from his chair.

"Jack, sorry. I didn't mean to.." I said quickly.

He left without a word and slammed the door.

Dumb.

Idiot.

Stupid.

Jerk.

Coldhearted.

Witch.

I cursed at myself banging my head harder on the table.

I could never do anything right.

"You have a strong forehead. But I think you need to stop doing that. You can cause a bad injury" Diego said entering.

"I can never do anything right" I said grabbing my cup of coffee and took a huge drink.

I wince in pain.

I touch my forehead. That was more painful.

"Your bleeding" Diego said.

"Seriously" I groan in pain.

"What did you expected? After banging your head against the table" Diego said with amusement.

"I guess your enjoying my pain" I said narrowing my eyes.

He laughed loudly.

He was always so serious around me that his laugh got me of guard.

"What?" He asked with a smile.

"Nothing" I mumbled getting my coffee and taking a sip.

"I'm not that bad" he said tapping the table.

"Lets say you can be charming whenever you want to be" I said after a short pause.

"Clara! Clara!" Veronica came shouting inside the dinning room with a phone in her hands.

"What?" I asked trying to not sound irritated by her.

"It's steven! He wants to speak to you" she said with concern.

I got up fast and grabbed the phone.

"You CRAZY LUNATIC brother of mine! HOW could you do that? Are you okay?" I asked quickly.

"Clara, are you fine?" He asked in a low voice.

"Yes. where are you I will go for you" I asked making signs to Diego to get up and help me out.

He was still my body guard.

"No, if you come back father will do everything in his power to make you stay" he said quickly.

"Steven hand over the phone" david voice sounded in the background.

There was a silence and david spoke.

"My dear, daughter how could you betray me like this. Your the only thing I love yet your as selfish as your mother. If you don't come back your brother will suffer the consequences. I can let everyone go except you. Come back please. I love you" he said and hang up before I could speak up.

He was a coldhearted person that has killed without any doubt. Yet he love me.

I felt disgusted.

Veronica was next to me before I knew it.

"Where is he?" She asked.

"I don't know David took the phone away" I said blushing with embarrassment.

Veronica turned to leave and slammed the door.

"Ok, that was awkward" Diego said.

"Should I just give up" I sight.

"Your trying that means something" he said getting up and patting me on the back.

"Thanks for the encouragement" I said.

Walking towards the table and grabbing my coffee.

I went outside to clear my mind from this problems.

I threw the door open.

"OUCH" a voice said.

"Sorry, Jack" I said as I got out.

Jack was sitting on the floor rubbing his head.

I froze.

"Your nose is bleeding!" I said bending down towards him.

"If you don't tell me. I wouldn't have known" Jack said sarcastic.

"Just saying and I did say I was sorry" I said going back inside to get tissues.

When I came out again Jack was standing holding the door open.

He was probably scared to be hit again by the door.

He grabbed the tissues quickly and sit down. But this time far away from the door.

"Your mad, right" I said sitting down next to him.

"Yes, but I'll get over it. I guess it's karma for some of the things I did to you. Yet it is still not enough for you to forgive me" he said upset.