27. Past III

Time pasted quickly.

My brother was found innocent. Someone else was found guilty of killing my parents.

My brother was so happy.

He kept hugging me and kissing me on the cheek.

The men was furious and kept shouting that my brother was the guilty one.

But nobody believed him.

How could a child kill his parents but not his younger sister? How did he over take his own parents when he was unarmed, when he entered the house? Were all the question that pop up in peoples mind.

There was nothing out of place that indicted that my brother did the killing.

It all came to this men.

He was accused of robbery and murder.

He happened to have been hiding inside the house and was found with a bag of items from my house.

He felt threatened and decided to kill them.

My brother escaped rushing to my room to call for help.

Which made David the victim.

****

We went to live with my fathers brother.

David insisted to go with him.

My parents never left us alone with him.

Because he was in bad steps.

He was funny and always made me laugh. But my brother would always glare at him. It was weird for him to want to go there.

My uncle  lived in the middle of the forest and had a mansion there.

I guess he loved the isolation. Since mostly everyone in his family turn their back to him.

"Veronica and David I hope that you both enjoy living with me. Everything happened to soon. I'm sorry I wasn't there to defend my family" uncle said upset as he unlocked the doors from the car.

"Uncle you will teach me everything about hunting wild animals" David said excited.

"David!" Uncle shouted at him and smacked him in the head.

"How dare you?" My brother said his face turning red from anger.

"Your parents just died and you want to kill animals. Can't you think about your sister" my uncle said glancing at me.

"Uncle that is all I think about" my brother said never taking his eyes off him.

*11 years later*

My uncle hasn't arrive from his hunt.

He had gone with my brother in the morning.

He kept insisting to go out.

My uncle give in because he didn't want to keep arguing with him.

They were always whispering and sometimes laugh awkwardly.

But when my brother touched a sensitive topic. My uncle would grab his collar and push him against the wall. Whispering a threat.

Uncle didn't allow david to stay alone with me at the mansion.

I was always surrounded by three maids.