39. decide

"Dr. James" I said shocked.

Seeing him shocked me the most.

"Clara come here with us" Dr. James said.

"No!" I yelled.

I was not an object for them to be fighting over.

"You see she wants to stay with me. I am not forcing her to anything" Veronica said glaring at them.

"I don't want to be anywhere around any of you! I want you all to leave me alone! I'm a grown women. Please, please, stay away from me!" I shouted at them.

They were going to drive me crazy.

"Clara, I'm your brother. We want to start over. But we need you on our side" steven said firmly.

Veronica looked at Steven. Her expression changed a little.

"I don't need to be in anyone's side! I want to live a peaceful life. I will not chose sides. If all of you want to kill each other. Go ahead. But don't involve me an any of this!" I shouted.

As more cars appeared behind me.

"Don't worry Clara you won't have to make that decision" Veronica said with a huge smile.

"Clara, run!" Dr. James shouted as the shooting started.

I turned to run but turn back.

"Where is Jack and Diego!" I shouted at Veronica.

"I will never tell you unless you come with me!" She shouted as she throw herself at me.

I turned away quickly dodging her and running towards the woods.

It was getting dark.

I needed to find a hiding spot.

They were going to keep on chasing me without stopping.

I kept turning around to see that nobody was chasing me.

"Clara! Clara! Where are you? Please, come out!" Dr. James shouted not to far from where I was.

I ran faster.

He kept confusing me.

He was nice but yet he was in David side. After he kidnapped his family.

"Please! I need you to hear me out!" He kept shouting.

I bang into someone.

I was about to shout but a man dressed in black covered my mouth and dragged me with him.

"Clara! Please!" Dr. James kept shouting.

The shouting began to become distant.

I was panicking and kept struggling to get free.

"Calm down, Clara. Its me Steven" the man said in a low voice.

Crap! He was going to take me with David.

"I will let you go. But no screaming unless you want to be found" he said.

I stopped struggling and nodded my head. I was not a hysterical women.

He let go and I took a deep breath.

"Your crazy. You almost suffocated me and scared me to death" I hissed in a low voice.

"Sorry. But I wanted to make sure you were save" he said apologetic.

"I was fine until you came" I said narrowing my eyes at him.

"Sorry" he repeated sitting down.

"You are going to turn me in to David right" I said also sitting down.

"No unless you want to go to him. I don't want to force you into anything" he said sounding tired.

"Was David horrible to you?" I asked.

"He was for a couple of days. But he got over it. He knew if he killed me you would hate him forever. He was looking for you desperate. He knew you would investigate. So he asked for Carlos help" Steven said in a low voice.

"But I thought he hated David" I said got off guard.

"Not really. David is an old friend of theirs. After Carlos went to jail David took care of his family" Steven said.

"You knew that and never told me" I said surprised.

"You never asked. You just wanted to leave" he said getting up.

"Did you knew about the fake mom that David got for us" I demanded getting up and grabbing his arm.

"I didn't know and I do not care anymore" he said serious.

"Steven can you help me?" I asked trying not to sound desperate.

"With what?" He asked.

"I need to help Diego and Jack. Can you help me investigate their location. Veronica kidnapped them before the fighting" I said quickly.

"I can find out for you but it will be a risk. I will have to be on both sides. But your parents trust you more. We can team up. I can help you" he said getting up.

"We have to keep moving" he said grabbing my hand and walking slow making sure that we wouldn't trip over.

"Are you sure that we can trick them?" I asked having a bad feeling about this.

Everyone was acting different then I thought. I needed to be more careful.

"We have each other. What could possibly happen?" He said confident.

"I..I..want to go home first. We can decide after we have news about Veronica and David" I said stopping in my tracks.

"No! They will find you quickly there. We need to go to my secret hide out" Steven said tightening his hold on me.

This didn't feel right.

I try pushing his hand away but he didn't let go.

"Can you please let me go?" I asked in a soft tone trying not to panic.

"No" he said coldly.

"Let me go! Or I will scream my head off!" I yelled struggling to free myself.

He quickly covered my mouth and dragged me with him.

I kept fighting but it was useless. It was dark and he knew his way around.

"Now, I will be the one in control. You have ruin my life and I should do the same to you" he said in a low voice next to my ear.

Crap!

Not him.

He seem to be kind of normal but I did not count in him hating me this much.

My thoughts quickly went to Diego and Jack.

I somehow end up getting in a freaky situation like this with no way out.

Everyone I loved was slowly disappearing and busy harming each other. That it was driving me crazy.