14. Believe

Jack

I opened the door to go outside when I bumped into someone. I was about to apologize when I noticed that it was Clara.

"What are you doing here?" I asked coldly.

"I was making sure that you were doing, okay" she said quickly.

"I was doing okay until I saw you" I said.

"O..okay" She said looking hurt by my attitude.

"If that is all, you can leave now" I said walking away from her.

I turned to look at her but she wasn't behind me anymore.

Weird, Clara wasn't the type to just shut up and leave. She usually wants to have the last word.

"Clara!" I shouted looking around.

"Clara, where are you!!" I yelled louder.

I heard a scream from behind the house.

"Clara!" I yelled.

"Let go!" Clara yelled struggling to get free from a man that was dragging her to a black car.

I didn't say nothing as I rushed to her side.

"Don't come any closer!" The man yelled pointing the gun to Clara.

Clara stepped on his foot and punched him on the stomach.

I pushed him to the ground and kicked him in the stomach.

"We need the police right now! Someone just tried to kidnapped me..." Clara was talking on her phone.

"Clara, find a rope or something to tie him up" I said as she hang up.

She walked away and soon appeared to give me a rope.

"Who sent you!" I yelled grabbing him by the collar.

"You will regret this" the man said chuckling like a crazy bastard.

"Jack, calm down I'm sure the police will do something" Clara said touching my arm.

"The police! Don't make me laugh. They couldn't even figure if my wife was murdered or she committed suicide" I said pushing her away.

"Jack, I know this is insane but don't let him win" she said concerned.

"He tried to hurt you" I said in a low voice.

I don't know what I would have done if something happened to her. Just thinking about it drove me crazy.

Even after we separated I always thought that nothing bad could happen to Clara.

She was the strongest girl that I meet and had the guts to do what she thought was right.

"I'm fine, thanks to you" she said with a smile.

"Stop, smiling to much or I will start thinking that you want something with me" I said rolling my eyes at her.

"I want us to be able to communicate better" she said walking closer to me.

"No, thank you" I said staring at her.

"Why? Why is it to hard to talk and try to figure things out. Don't worry I don't want anything to do with you. After the case is over I will be going back home. I only came to help you" she said quickly and turned to leave.

"Your mistake was coming back!" I yelled for her to hear.

"It is her mistake" the man said staring at Clara.

"Now! You will tell me everything" I said grabbing him by the collar.

He only laughed as the sirens were getting closer.

Clara

Jack, your a complete jerk! How dare you treat me that way. I was only trying to help.

I thought blinking away tears of frustration.

After the attack I have been more aware of my surroundings.

I walked faster as I neared the house.

"Hey, you look scared" Mat said as I locked the door.

"I was almost kidnapped today" I said walking towards him and sitting down.

"What???" He asked concerned.

"Yes, a crazy fool tried to take me. The good thing Jack came to the rescue" I said grabbing a cup of coffee that Mat prepared for me.

"You shouldn't have gone to see him" Mat said grabbing my hand.

"I was only making sure that he was, okay" I said staring at his hand.

"I now but he has a enemy that wants to hurt him. And you being there only makes it worst" Mat said worried.

"I won't let this scare me off. I came to help Jack and I will even if it kills me" I said pulling my hand away from his.

"Clara..." Mat started to say.

"I know what I'm doing" I said stubbornly.

"If you did you would consider the people around you. Think what will happen to the girls if you leave them" he said reminding me about my goals.

I have only told him about teaching young girls to dance. My goal is to see them accomplishing their goal.

"If something happens to me. I have other people that will help them" I said.

"I just hope your not making a mistake" he said getting up to leave.

"Mat! Wait I need your help" I said rushing to catch up to him.

"What?" He asked not looking at me.

"I need you to help me make that man confess" I said with a smile.

"No" he simply said.

"Please! Your good at convincing people and smart" I said blocking his way.

"Thank you for the compliment but no" he said staring at me.

"Than I guess, I should stalk Jack. So nothing bad can happen to him" I said sarcastic.

"You wouldn't dare" Mat said challenging me.

"How much do you bet?" I said looking at him with a smirk on my face.

I started backing away from mat and walked towards the door. I was about to open the door when mat grabbed my arm.

"Fine" he said glaring at me.

I tried to hide my smile but it was hard to control myself.

"Thank you" I said giving him a quick hug. I blushed embarrassed by my actions.

Jack

"You again" the police man said coldly.

"No, it's my twin brother" I said sarcastic.

"You really have a sense of humor" he said glaring at me.

Seriously, that guy hates my guts more than anyone else.

But when I find the person responsible. I will ruin his reputation.