19

The more I ran.

The more the people were chasing me in different direction.

The only thing I could think of was that Jack sent people after me.

I have three enemies Jack my crazy ex husband, Mat an ex friend and Susan a fake person that pretended to be my friend out of jealously.

Now at age 28, I was finally free to enjoy my life. After being sold by my mother at age 15 and spending 10 miserable years of marriage with Jack.

But here I am running in a dark alley trying to avoid my attackers.

From what I could tell there was at the most ten people chasing me.

It has been almost 15 minutes and they still don't give up.

The good thing is that I love running and I was enjoying it.

Once in a while I would shout for help or bang on any house door. But they were also fast.

But it was so quiet. Like it was my destiny to die young.

"Please! We give up just let us speak to you" A man yelled from behind.

"You think I'm crazy to listen to crazy people that are chasing me" I said slowing down as the people stopped running.

"We came searching for you. We have a message from your father" another person spoke up.

"Both my parents are dead. So please stop lying" I said acting innocent.

My father died when I was young.

And my mother left acting as the victim. After manipulating me over and over again. Everything she did was for money she was so shameless.

"We are not talking about your adoptive parents. Your biological parents want to meet with you" the man that spoke first said breathless.

Why do they think I'm stupid. Maybe I have a sign in my forehead or something. This was starting to bug me.

"My, my, my do you have proves?" I asked freezing in my spot.

"Actually, we do. We have letters that your parents would sent to your biological parents once an a while" a women said walking towards me.

"Stay right there or I'm going to start running" I warned.

"Please, come with us. You can make your decision after you meet them" the first man that spoke said.

"No! My parents are died and if you come any closer I will fight no matter what" I said not scared at all.

"We can't let you go" the man said moving towards me.

"Bye" I said starting to run.

As I turned I bumped into someone. Sending both of us to the ground.

"You crazy bastard. Do you want to kill me" I groan in pain.

"Clara" the man said surprised.

I got up and looked at him.

He was wearing torn jeans and a black shirt. He was dirty and I could smell alcohol.

"Jack?" I said making it sound like a question.

I was shocked to see him.

"What happened? Is something wrong?" He asked getting up and looking around.

The people that were chasing me had disappear.

"That doesn't concern you anymore" I said narrowing my eyes as I backed away.

If he was here than it was his doing.

I never believed for a second that he had lost everything.

He still had the power to get people to do what he wanted.

"And don't play dumb. You didn't need to send a bunch of people to chase me. You really are a detestable man" I said furious.

"I would n.." Jack started to say.

"Don't lie! I'm tired of everything you do. I wish you would disappear for good" I shouted at him.

I turned to leave but turned back to slap him.

"You better stay away from me. Are I will make your life miserable. I'm not the same idiot from before so watch out" I said not taking my eyes from him.

He looked upset but didn't say anything.

"Crazy bastard" I mumble out loud turning away from him and started walking away.

I found the nearest hotel and walked in. Searching my pocket I found them empty.

Seriously, I was in a place that I didn't know yet. My bad luck.

I had planned this long vacation to relax and forget my past for a while.

But as I was coming back from the beach. I noticed people staring at me.

Waiting.

Watching.

But I thought I was overreacting.

So I ignored it.

As I walked towards my car in the parking spot. I notice people surrounding the car.

So I walked back and tried to avoid being seen.

But they weren't stupid they had everything planned out.

I walked directly towards a group of teenagers.

"Hey, sorry to bother but can you give me a lift. My boyfriend just call to let me know something came up" I said as calm as I could.

It was getting dark.

"Yes, but to the nearest place we have plans" a girl said after a couple of seconds.

Her friends told her to call them if there was any problems.

And to make sure I wasn't a dangerous person.

I got on fast before she regret taking me.

"You look anxious" the girl said eyeing me.

"I'm just tired. To much excitement" I said forcing a smile.

After a couple of minuted, I asked her to pull over.

"I can walk all the way back. The hotel I'm staying is an hour away" I said unbuckling my seat belt.

"Are you sure?" She asked.

"Yes, thank you so much for helping me out. How much do I owe you" I said with a smile.

"Nothing. Just arrive safely home. You looked scared to death" she said.

"Thank you" I said again getting out and watching her leave.

I was starting to walk when I saw another person watching me.

He was talking on the phone and was glancing my way.

I turned and ran the opposite way from my hotel. The streets were mostly empty.