thirty five

SAM, JAMES, AND ALLURA RAN as if their lives depended on it. Aware that they needed to get to the quinjet, they made it their main task, setting their eyes on where they could see Wanda, Ezekyel, Scott and Clint.

       They went past a truck, running in an almost perfect formation and not stopping because of anything or anyone. That, of course, until they were stopped by a piercing light, that made a crack on the pavement floor and stopped them unless they wanted to get fried.

       "Captain Rogers." The man above them spoke, flying on top of them threateningly. "I know you believe what you're doing is right." Iron Man and Natalia landed next to them, green meeting blue as the red head and the strawberry blonde looked at each other. "But for the collective good, you must surrender now."

       Panther guy, who Allura had been informed was the king of Wakanda, T'Challa, landed with James Rhodes, and a flash was seen as Pietro Maximoff stood now by their side, followed by a swinging Peter Parker.

       People who had once been friends, heroes, lovers, family, stood upon one another, face to face, hearts in their chests, ready to fight another as if they had been mere acquaintances, enemies.

       "Steve?" Ezekyel asked, his question implying that they stood by his side, on his command, to do whatever he found right. They each had their own ideas, and would fight no matter what. But still, they held loyalty to the man on their side who had lead to this moment.

       "We fight."

       "This is gonna end well." Natasha said from the other side, her eyes not leaving Ezekyel's, as if she needed to know that he would still love her, no matter what.

       And he would. He for sure would...

       ... But him breaking their gaze made her think otherwise.

       It began as a small walk, neither side knowing if the other would fully commit to this endeavor. They wanted to see, were hoping to see, that they would stop.

       But of course, they didn't.

       Soon, they were running, and as Iron Man, Rhodes and Vision leaped off the ground, Wanda, Allura and Sam found themselves doing just the same. Allura landed on the ground, her hands in front of her as she let out a bloodcurdling scream. Her eyes glowed red for a second, the sound waves pushing most people off and leaving them staring at her with shocked faces.

       They thought Ezekyel was strong and otherworldly.

       But this girl was just another type of powerful.

       James Rhodes tried to shoot at her, but she pierced his rays with her laser eyes and found herself overpowering him easily. Her hands moved to a truck, since it wasn't moving, she made it levitate towards him and it crashed, bringing the man on his knees.

       "I swear if anyone throws another truck at me-" But he was interrupted by another attacker.

       Allura searched the crowd for Bucky, sighing to herself when she saw that he was fighting T'Challa. He tried to punch him but he hit his fist with his metal arm, barely stopping another kick if Allura hadn't flown in between, grabbed his leg, and allowed him to drop to the ground.

       Ezekyel was fighting against Pietro, his hand stopping the boy from moving as he pushed him against the pavement. He stood back up and ran to him, punching him quickly and making the jupiterian groan in pain, as he extended his hand and made Peter Parker tumble against the white haired boy.