eleven

THE MOMENT THE ASSETS LANDED through the window, they knew they had little time to complete their tasks. They knew that when the HYDRA agents went back, and saw that the files were gone, they would look absolutely everywhere to find them.

         They also knew, that they had confidential, dangerous and life changing information in a cheap backpack, and they needed to find a good place to hide it and protect it from possible attacks and enemies. They needed a place where it would be easy to grab and take with.

         "Under the bed?" James suggested immediately, letting go of Allura's hand and feeling tingles rise up his arm from feeling it leave his grasp. His blue eyes headed to the bed and he checked if there was space under it, Allura chuckling.

         "Whenever you wanted to hide something back in our cell, you'd hide under the bed. Let's just say they know that hiding place, Soldat." Allura told him simply, James turning to look at her, a bit sheepishly, before going to the couch.

         "We make a hole under the pillows, and put them over it."

        "No. That would be inconvenient if we have to run. You'd have to remove everything."

        "I'd break it with my metal hand."

         "And then you'd leave with a pillow on your wrist and the backpack in your hand."

        The assets kept debating options, James thinking about them and Allura calculating every situation that could come as the outcome. Every time they had to make decisions, they'd do this. The Jupiterian's life were calculations and measuring outcomes and probabilities; so, her brain could come up with everything, as she perfectly analyzed how things would go down.

        It was very convenient. And that, mixed with James's instinct, was a killer match— and it had helped them survive since they escaped HYDRA and found themselves in Romania.

         James kneeled against the floor, carefully knocking on it and carefully advancing, searching for a particular sound. Once he knocked, and the sound was hollow, he looked up at Allura, who was standing right in front of him with the backpack in her hand.

        "Under the floor." He broke the floor with his metal arm, carefully making space so that everything would fit. Allura didn't even stop him, knowing that it was a good plan. Whatever happened, he would just break it with his metal arm and they'd escape without hesitation.

         Allura handed him the bag, and grabbed her own backpack, placing it next to his.

         James opened the bag they had taken with them, handing her her files and keeping his. Allura understood perfectly what he wanted to do. They'd each have their own belongings in their own bags: their files, diaries, important objects, among others.

        "We need to go to Siberia now." Allura looked at James with wide eyes, surprised by the impatience in his tone.

        Was he insane?

        If they were going to Siberia, they needed more than attitude and good faith. They needed a plan.

        "James. We need a plan." Allura told him simply, the soldier looking at her and shaking his head.

         In his head, with their abilities and the blueprints, they were more than good to go.

        "We went to Sokovia without a plan."

        "Sokovia was under attack, and HYDRA left the building because they would be too close to the Avengers for their liking." Allura stopped, James standing up and looking down at her.