eighteen

WHAT HAPPENED TO YOU?

         ALLURA went speechless when Pearl asked her that question. She had a thousand thoughts running through her head, many scenarios on how she'd reunite with her people, on what she'd say to them and how she'd reach to whatever they told her. But hearing it in front of her, from one of the most important people in her life, made her breath get caught in her throat and her heart begin to beat faster.

        Her green eyes turned dark for a second, as she thought about what happened to her— what was done to her. Pearl noticed this, feeling a knot in her throat at the look in Allura's eyes.

        She looked dangerous.

        "That's a long story, Pearl." She said, her voice becoming rougher and deeper. Her gaze went somewhere else, not daring to look at the woman in the eye as the screaming and crying of her victims echoed in her head. She closed her fists and put them on her lap.

        "Allura." Pearl's soft voice distracted her, green meeting brown as the woman's tender eyes scanned her face. "What happened to you?" She asked again, letting her know with her gaze that she had her support, no matter what she had done.

        Allura and her held gazes for a minute, the strawberry blonde debating on whether to tell her or not. But then she sighed, and placed her hands back on the table slowly.

        "I arrived here in 1945. Landed in Germany, a small forest, luckily." Her mind drifted to that moment, chuckling slightly. "I had no idea where I was. Which, now that I think about it, was stupid of me, because I should've recognized the frozen H2O around me."

        Fortunately, she landed on a clear area, covered in snow that made her fall a little softer. Allura sighed in relief, finally daring to open her green orbs and open her pod, her forehead bleeding blue before turning a crimson red.

        "The first thing I noticed was that Ezekyel wasn't with me. Mamma hadn't linked the ships to make them fly together. And I'm glad she didn't." She explained, her green eyes going to the golden bracelet around her wrist— that if taken off by an alien, would become her pod.

       Instinctively, she looked behind her to search for her younger brother, gasping when she found nothing. She looked up to the sky, the star covered blue taking her by surprise since what she'd usually see from her own planet was the solar system, the multiple moons, or a vibrant orange.

        She felt herself panic as she flew into the sky, hoping that Ezekyel's pod was behind her. But after what felt like an eternity of research, she fell on her knees, breaking with sobs at the sudden realization that she was alone. Completely alone in a different planet with no knowledge of it.

        "I was terrified, Pearl. Not only was I in an unknown place, but I didn't know where my little brother was." She recalled, taking a deep breath as she continued. "It was going alright until a woman walked towards me. She screamed at the sight of me, making me believe that she possessed the same skills I did."

        "You fought back?"

         "I killed her."

        "Wer ist da?" Who is there? A voice called, footsteps approaching as a small woman walked inside, her eyes widening at the sight of the stranger's skin. She started taking steps backwards, Allura only analyzing the person who looked like her kind, but their skin being strange and their eyes a color she had never seen before.

         The woman screamed in fear, Allura going into defense mode as she placed her hands in front of her and screamed, the mere sound making the woman's head blow up.