thirty four

EZEKYEL GOT DOWN FROM THE car, being followed immediately by Wanda and Clint. From the other car, Allura could see Steve Rogers and Sam Wilson getting out as well, and since James took a little longer, she assumed that it was because, like her, he was reluctant of his presence being of any good to the Avengers.

"Thanks for having my back." She heard Steve tell Wanda, the girl sending Clint a look and tilting her head.

"It was time to get off my ass." Allura closed the door carefully, leaning against it and seeing that James was literally leaning, because of his stupid, unbelievable height, on the roof of the car, observing the scene before his blue eyes landed on her and relief settled in his gaze.

She sent him a small smile, nodding at him and telling him with her eyes to stay where he was, so that they wouldn't interrupt the people talking with their reunion— which, had a high chance of turning sappy and cheesy since they had just been controlled, and all they wanted was the warmth of each other's arms.

"How about our other recruit?" Steve asked, looking at the van and making Ezekyel snort.

"You referring to sleeping beauty in there?" He said, crossing his arms as Clint went to open the door next to Allura. "Rarin' to go, right Clint?"

"Yeah. Had to put a little coffee in him, but-" He slammed the door against the back, the blue eyed man inside the van jumping awake and observing his surrounding carefully. "-he should be good." He stood up slowly and looked at everyone, his eyes still not completely open.

"What time zone is this?" He asked, his eyes landing on Captain America and widening as he blinked a couple of times.

"Nope. You're not dreaming." Ezekyel reassured, patting his back as Scott stretched his hand to Steve.

"Captain America."

"Mr. Lang." Scott was shaking Steve's hand quickly, not letting go even after a couple of seconds.

Indeed. It was starting to get awkward.

"It's an honor. I'm shaking your hand too long. Wow, this is awesome! Captain America." He turned to Wanda, smiling her way. "I know you too. You're great!" He turned back to Steve, almost in disbelief and stared him up and down in admiration, before grabbing his shoulders. "Jeez. Look, I wanna say, I know you know a lot of super people, so thinks for thanking of me!"

Allura snorted, walking closer to Ezekyel who was standing next to Wanda and patting his back.

"Now you know how we normal people feel whenever you speak." Ezekyel glared playfully, rolling his eyes.

"That's not true!" He said simply, crossing his arms just like her and turning to the man, before pursing his lips and turning back to her. "Really?" He asked, making her smirk at him. "Shut up."

"Hey man!" Scott greeted Sam, who, completely unamused, replied.

"What's up, Tic Tac?"

"Good to see you. Look, what happened last time, when I-"

"It was a great audition. But it'll never happen again." Sam scoffed, smiling smugly as Scott stared at him in a weird mixture of what seemed to be shock, confusion and betrayal.

"Did they tell you what we're up against?" Steve asked Scott, the man nodding hesitantly.

"Something about some psycho assassins?"