A 'Gigantic' Welcome

Arlyn watched the grasslands and outdoor scenery blur past from her window seat in the Hogwarts Express

Arlyn watched the grasslands and outdoor scenery blur past from her window seat in the Hogwarts Express. Her thoughts were swarmed, her senses drowned in nostalgia from her very first year at Hogwarts, which had also been the first time she's been on the train.

Nothing has changed since then; the seats were still patterned red, the compartment still rocked with the train's movements, and the trolley witch was still doing her rounds at every cart. And just as she did throughout all her years at Hogwarts, Arlyn nearly bought all the pumpkin pasties, liquorice wands and cauldron cakes on the trolley. She has always had a sweet tooth.

Some students passed her compartment a few times but never entered, thus leaving her to enjoy the peace and silence on her lonesome. And she wouldn't have it any other way. She took more pleasure from it by just watching a group of Gryffindors race by, probably scheming on playing a prank on some Slytherins, only for a Ravenclaw or Hufflepuff to chase after them with words of warning or wisdom.

The students' energy was truly almost as magical as the Express itself.

After tearing off the tip of another liquorice wand with her teeth, Arlyn tucked her legs underneath her and relaxed into the plushness of the seat. She unfolded the letter Albus Dumbledore sent her via owl just a few weeks ago, intended to read it for the fourth time now.

 She unfolded the letter Albus Dumbledore sent her via owl just a few weeks ago, intended to read it for the fourth time now

Dear Ms Quinn

I hope this letter found you well regarding your current whereabouts.

I am pleased to inform you of the position of Professor for Muggle Studies is there for the taking at the Hogwarts School for Witchcraft and Wizardry if you wished to accept.

Your association and familiarity of the Muggle world and experiences of their culture meet the requirements in the job description. We are well aware of your outstanding progress during your attendance at Hogwarts and therefore, you are also offered a temporary position as Assisting Potions Professor for students in year one to year three. You shall be compensated generously for your time and efforts, which we shall discuss if you choose to accept the post.

On a less formal note, Miss Quinn, it would bring me great pride and pleasure to have one of my top students return to Hogwarts as a professor. I do recall you mentioning your consideration of teaching in the near future before your graduation.