[20] Impossibilities

[Outfit Above]
S2 Ep: 18  "Night Has A Thousand Eyes"

Only a week later and Bella and Kol were as close as can be, the two have spent time both away and with their crazy families

Only a week later and Bella and Kol were as close as can be, the two have spent time both away and with their crazy families. As much as she didn't want to say it Bella felt something coming, she knew they were all awaiting Dahlia's return. But her gut was telling her something else was coming that had to do with her. Trying to keep her nerves under wraps and from Kol was not easy. Especially now that Dahlia was here and she was coming for Hope.

Bella sat down in one of the many dining room chairs as she felt a small wave of dizziness hit her. Kol looked down at her worriedly with a small pout that she wasn't telling him what was going on. "--Children, please." Bella looked up as Elijah cut Klaus and Hayley's bickering off. "Niklaus, your ire is justified. However, Hayley is quite right." Hayley shrugged and gave Klaus a smug look while he rolled his eyes. "We need to find a new strategy. Freya, if you please?"

Freya sighed defeatedly. "The spell you described...Dahlia calls it "kenning"-- using proxies to watch her enemies from afar." Klaus watches her half-suspicious, half-curious. Freya pauses, looking overwhelmed. "But, I've never seen it done on quite this scale." Hayley sighed loudly in frustration. "Awesome. So, basically every Hurricane-chugging, boob-flashing tourist on Bourbon Street is a potential spy."

"The good news is, I know a little about how her magic works." Freya said and then gestures to a tray with a silver tea kettle and seven teacups filled with a brown liquid. "This tonic will at least prevent her from using any of us." Rebekah and Freya each take a cup, Bella reached out to take one until Kol stopped her. Rebekah looked around at her siblings plus Hayley. "Well, come on! This should work like a charm!" Elijah sits down at the table and both he and Hayley grab a cup along with Bella and Kol.

Klaus however remains standing where he is and doesn't make a move to join in. Rebekah raises her glass. "Bottoms up!" the six of them all drink the tonic, and Elijah holds the seventh cup up for Klaus who only stares at it. "Niklaus, is there something you wish to contribute?" Asked with a sigh of annoyance. Klaus shrugged. "I prefer biscuits with my tea." Elijah rolls his eyes and sets the cup down and mutters under his breath. "Of course." Irnoging him Klaus continued speaking. "Besides, our minds are far too strong to be invaded by kenning spells."

Kol rolled his eyes at his brother's big ego. "No, what we experienced was a test-- Dahlia's watching to see how we respond to aggression. She's preparing for battle. My guess is sooner, rather than later."

"Well, if she was watching us, she would know that we have our own army." Hayley said, referring to the wolves. "She also knows where we are. And, given the immense nature of her power, we simply do not know what to expect from her. What we need is to create a new stronghold. Something that Dahlia knows nothing about. A sanctuary from any witchcraft." Elijah countered calmly. "That's a fine strategy." Freya began. "I offer another-- we can use Jackson to trace her magic back to its source. Find out exactly where she is."