Chapter 50

(Y/N)

As soon as I said goodbye to Olivia and hung up, Tanner had opened the bathroom door, stepping inside. I jumped, not fond of his new comfort of invading my privacy. Shooting him a glare, I kept my tone sarcastic.

"Seriously? What would happen if you walked in on me taking a shit?" I crossed my arms, watching as Tanner started to giggle.

"Don't worry! I'll still be happy to see you!" He replied cheerfully, causing me to cringe back a little. This man was a rare thing to come upon.

Then, Tanner stopped laughing, mouth dropping as he admired my face. "(Y/N)... you look great!" His eyes drifted down, staring at my dress.

My immediate reaction was to hide myself a little, slightly flustered. "Yeah right, my body isn't fit for a dress... plus this makeup probably makes me look like a clown." I mumbled, turning my head away from Tanner.

Tanner, who had fell silent moments before, approached me with a warm smile. I felt him grab both of my hands, holding them to his chest as he spoke. "(Y/N), I know I'm far from sane, and most of the things I say or do is considered crazy, but..."

He brought my left hand up to his mouth and kissed it, eyes never leaving mine. "I personally think you are a very beautiful woman."

Tanner's voice was suddenly rich, like melted chocolate, and I blushed at his words. My gaze dropped to the floor, not used to this whole flirting thing. So, I just mumbled, "Thanks... you're obviously not too bad yourself..."

Tanner dropped my hands and pretended to toss his hair back, despite it being combed out of his face. "Oh, I know!"

The tender moment was immediately shattered, like a rock crashing through a thin sheet of glass. I rolled my eyes with a scoff. "Doesn't excuse the fact you're a creepy cannibal who murders innocent people."

Without waiting for his response, I brushed past him, making my way to the living room. Tanner chased after me, still talking.

"You know... I've always wanted to be a rapist! But it's not quite my style."

I stopped dead in my tracks, causing Tanner to bump right into me. My stomach lurched at his sick words, but at the same time, I was puzzled by how random that was.

I gave him a half sneer and said, "You're not serious enough to follow through with that kind of crime."

Tanner put a hand to his chest in mock offense. "Madam... have you seen my deranged side yet?" His tone was actually serious, and that made me nervous.

I don't know half of what Tanner was capable of. I definitely believe that he hasn't shown his completely unhinged side yet. With a gulp, I turned away from him and walked into the living room. "Nope. I don't really wanna see it anyway..."

Tanner chuckled, stopping next to me as I caught sight of Clint and Adam standing by the sofa. "I think that's a very wise decision."

My eyes widened at the sight of Clint. He was currently struggling with his tie, but aside from that, I've never seen that man in anything but baggy jeans and an oversized shirt. His blond hair was even swept over, making him look clean, the tired old man completely gone.

"Clint!" I exclaimed. Adam and Clint turned to look at me as I smiled. "Dude! You look great... why don't you dress up like that more often?"

Clint grinned, obviously accepting the compliment, and then shot back with, "I should be the one asking you that... you look amazing!"

Again, I was warmed by these newfound compliments, and thanked him immediately. From the corner of my eye, I saw Tanner scowl, and then he got closer to me.