Bonus! Alternative Scenes

1. "You still didn't explain what the whole 'She' thing was about... David?" Tanner inched closer.

"No... I can't tell you that... please!"

Clint exchanged a concerned look with me, and the I glanced over to Adam, who had a strange smile on his face.

"I'm sorry, David. But we can't risk you tattle telling on us." His voice was cryptic, and my heart stopped as Adam gave Tanner a little nod.

Then, as Tanner grinned widely, taking eager strides toward the man, the tension was suddenly interrupted by his scream.

"I- I can't!!!" The four of us all jumped as David stood, chair still tied to him. He draped his good arm over his face dramatically, tears falling to the floor.

Then, he fell down, flailing his legs around.

Adam exchanged looks with me, looking confused yet mortified.

Tanner stared down at David, unamused as he started to speak again.

There was a soft yellow light glowing around him as he sobbed, staring up at the heavens in defeat.

"It's over, man! Game fucking over!!!"

David spoke again, as if he were responding to what he just said seconds before, "You shut your mouth! You shut your mouth right now!"

Tiny stars began to swirl around David's head, mixing in with the glowing light as he gasped loudly, turning his head away from the four of us. "...To think we've finally found each other after so long..."

"...What the fuck is he talking about?" Tanner whipped his head to look at me, eyes completely dead.

Adam slapped his friend's shoulder, tears building up from within his own eyes. "Shut up, man. Can't you feel the emotions? The chemistry?"

David spoke after choking back a sob, fist punching the air. "To think this plan would be ruined by my irresponsibility... Ah what am I doing? I mustn't burden you with my troubles..."

He turned to us, face glowing like he just fell from heaven, and the light around him grew even brighter, his silky glistening hair flapping in the nonexistent wind. "I'm sorry you had to see this side of me... just end me."

"( ̄0 ̄)," said Tanner.

"I fucking hate it here."

2. felt my heart stop. "You... you heard our conversation?"

Adam bowed his head, looking apologetic. "I'm sorry about that. I was just unsure of what was happening in here." He then crossed his arms, eyes turning to the ceiling. "So... I'm assuming you... understand why Tanner and I are like this, right?"

I felt a wave of sympathy, and I smiled. "Of course. It's not your guys' fault... it's the BlueBlood Killer's fault."

Adam's face was showing gratitude, and I felt pleased at the fact he didn't try to hide it. "Being brainwashed is not a pleasant thing to experience. But unfortunately you can't change who you are."

I nodded, stepping forward. "I understand that. I'm glad that you two trust me, and I know we'll find the killer. Just one step at a time!"

Then, I gestured for him to follow, but he stopped me, grabbing my arm and pulling me back to him. "(Y/N), w-wait..."

I turned and met his dark, unreadable eyes. It was as if I were staring into the darkness itself, just a black pool of pain and agony, I almost couldn't look away.

Adam's expression softened, and then he spoke, voice compassionate and gentle.

"I uh... I gotta take a shit."

3. I felt myself become angry, the hatred for the BBK growing even more. He just brainwashes children, and ruins their lives, forcing them to become insane?

That's when the harsh reality hit me, that the BlueBlood Killer was the real villain. Tanner and Adam somehow showed sympathy for me, but this serial killer felt absolutely nothing, while turning good kids into killers.

Without even thinking, I opened my mouth, tone scolding. "Stop that."

Tanner glanced at me, confused. "What?"

I suddenly sat up, the anger settling in my stomach, and Tanner sat up as well. "Tanner, you're brainwashed, remember? So how would you know that your mom wanted to die because of you?"

"I..."

I cut him off, sounding as firm and sincere as I felt, and all while feeling guilty, that I came to terms of how I felt for him and Adam. "You said your mother stepped in when your dad tried to hurt you, she jumped in between you and the killer, thinking he was going to kill you."

I was rambling at this point, while Tanner was just staring at me with a startled look. "And suddenly you want to believe the BlueBlood Killer's words? Rather than your own mother's actions?"

I stopped for a breath, and while Tanner was still listening, eyes falling to the ground, I finally said, "Your mom loved you, Tanner. That's all you need to know."

Tanner twitched at my words, and gradually, I noticed his expression become brighter, and I gasped as a blue halo appeared over his head. "You're right, (Y/N)... my mom would have loved me for who I was! Dead or not!"

My smile dropped, and I frowned deeply. "What the fuck? That has nothing to do-"

Tanner clamped a hand over my mouth, and he smiled beautifully. "All I needed was a little push, and now I know..." He stood up, and then posed, his expression open and excited. People were suddenly swarming around him, playing violins as he continued. "I've been carrying this burden throughout my entire life... and now I've gained the courage! I can't hold this back anymore!"

He met my eyes, beginning to cry. "I'm gay!!!"

He looked up to the sky, eyes shining with tears. The crowd around him all swooned and cheered. I heard someone say, "Step on me, daddy!"

Then, as three of the people lifted Tanner up, they carried him away, the music beginning to fade out.

I watched the spot where they disappeared, feeling blank.

"That's not what I meant, but okay."