Chapter 41

(Y/N)

Everything was a blur after what happened, like a dream you'd experience in the moment, but then afterwords, you can only remember fragments.

I had somehow found myself standing outside a large jail cell, most likely in a police station. My hair was damp, and I smelled like soap, so I must have taken a shower before racing over here.

I also noticed the tremble in my body, how weak my knees were. The place was vacant, no cops in sight. The only people that were here was Thomas, angrily pacing back and forth, Clint sitting in a metal chair against the wall behind me, his face looking shameful.

And finally, Tanner and Adam, who was currently standing behind the bars of the large jail cell.

Adam looked angry, his brows furrowed as he rattled the metal bars for the third time. "Come on, you bastard! Let us out of here!" He had a strain in his voice, as if he wanted to hurl threats at Thomas, but I'm relieved he held back.

Thomas turned to glower at Adam, green eyes bewildered. "Are you shitting me? I finally caught two men. One that's been terrorizing women for so long..." The agent's gaze flickered over to Tanner, who currently had both his arms hanging through the bars, a perplexed smile on his face. "I knew I recognized you from the fucking B.O.L.O!"Th

Thomas turned back to Adam, a small smile tugging at his lips. "And now I've finally caught the man behind the Shadow Web... we'll be sure your punishment is suffer-able."

"Fuck you." Adam growled, clenching the cell bars even tighter. "You don't even know me."

Tanner giggled from next to him, and we all turned to look at him as his arms reached out for Thomas. "Listen mister FBI guy... I know you wanted me, but you didn't have to go as far as locking me up."

Thomas's anger melted away, now replaced by deep confusion and fear. I facepalmed, shaking my head. Now wasn't the time for Tanner's jokes.

I hadn't said a word since I arrived here. Every time I tried to speak, the logical side of my thoughts stopped me, and I was overwhelmed with guilt. Seeing Thomas as the sane one, snapped me back to reality, and I was reminded about how wrong I felt in all of this.

But, I wasn't just going to turn my back on Adam and Tanner. We were so close, and I had to do something about it. Clint was silent as well, looking at me, eyes swimming with guilt.

Tanner continued teasing, stretching his arms as far out of the cell as he could. "Let us out, and then you can confess your undying love for me!"

Thomas took a step back, shaking his head as the innocent side took over his expression. "I- I like women..."

Tanner snorted. "Sure! That's what they all say! Now bring those luscious lips over here-"

"Tanner, that's enough!" I finally mustered up enough courage, and I was now approaching Thomas, fists clenched, and eyes narrowed. "Thomas... let them go!"

The agent's face looked angry again, and he fixed his glare on me now. "(Y/N)... you're the person I should be the most angry with." He gestured towards the men in the cell. "Helping these guys slaughter people? Trying to find the BlueBlood Killer? That's absolute bullshit!"

I felt my hands tremble, and I drew in a deep breath, my voice remaining steady. "Thomas... we've been making progress. If anyone can help me find the killer, then it's them..."

"Do you even hear yourself?" Thomas kicked a foot against the concrete floor and placed a hand on my shoulder, eyes searching mine. "You sound like a goddamned lunatic! This is what happens when you associate with sick people like them."