Chapter 15: Captured

*Rocky's POV*

It has been a few hours since Marshall and Lucas came back from the somewhat successful plan. It's probably about to turn into midnight now... Me and the professor have been doing our best to solve this hard and mysterious case...

Marshall, Addison, Lucas and Everest are already sleeping soundly at a space in the basement while Skye went outside to get some fresh air, i hope she comes back soon safe and sound.

"Hey Rocky, something bothering you?" The professor asked as he turns his attention to my blank stared state.

I gasped in shock, jumping a little before turning to the prof.

"Oh yes professor, i''m just fine." i replied in shock.

"You say that, but your body doesn't" he said.

"Wh-what do you mean by that professor?" I asked intrigued

"You're tail is lowered, not only that but your ears have been drooping a lot, tell me what's wrong young one." he said as he squats to get to my level of vision.

"Thanks for the concern prof. but i'm just okay, it's just..."

"Just?"

"It's the others... Chase is missing, half of our team is captured and Skye is in the woods getting some fresh air....... I'm worried for the prof." i replied.

"I see" he said as he sat across me.

"You know Rocky," i looked up at the wise scientist.

"Yes Professor?" i asked as i look up at the bearded man.

"Try not to be worried." he said as he patted my head.

"What do you mean by that Professor? I mean, everyone is in danger and you're telling me to not be worried?" i refuted.

"Yes. Although it seems hard, try not to. It would only cause you internal and mental damage. Besides, i'm pretty sure that everyone is doing their best to solve the situation while also being safe themselves." he added.

"I'm not to sure about that...."

Noticing how unconvinced i was, he then thinked of something.

"Okay, how about if you put it like this."

I raise my eyebrow.

"During the missions you take, did you worry for them?" he asked me.

"No..." i answered.

"And why is that?"

"Because.... i..... trust them?"

"Mhm. Now put that trust in this situation we're in. You guys are professionals, but you may have not encountered something like this before. I know that everyone is stressed but the least we could do is to have trust and faith in them." he ended.

I giggled.

"Why are you giggling?" he asked me curiously.

"I can tell you're not very good at things like this professor Williams." i blurted.

"Haha of course, I'm not used to it. But at least I'm trying."

Even though what the prof. said was common knowledge, it'd still helped me especially in a dire situation like this. Of course the feeling of worry is still there, but at least there's this new feeling. Feeling of hope, feeling of trust and of course the feeling of comfort swarming around me. It reassures me that they're alright, safe and sound. I guess i can thank the Prof. for that.