Chapter 2: Cherish this moment

*Skye's POV"

It was a few days after we discovered the message, Ryder won't leave the lookout with Chase trying to find the man who wrote the letter. Everyone so far was able to keep calm about the situation, but we're still terrified of the fact that the fenrir may be here... at any moment. *Sigh* I just wish the fenrir wasn't really real at this point...

"Hey Earth to Skye are you there?"

I jumped in shock sending shivers on my fur, bringing me back to the reality.

"Oh.... hey Everest." i said.

"Are you okay Skye?" she asks as she puts her paw on my shoulder.

"Yea Everest i'm fine" i said as i struggle to put on a smile.

"Oh okay, just hollar at me when you need something m'kay?" she reassures me.

"Okay, Thanks Everest." i said.

She then went to the others who we're currently eating lunch, while i stayed on my spot deep in thought while taking in on nature's air and sunshine. *Sigh* i just hope that Ryder and Chase will be fine.....

*Chase's POV*

A few more hours has passed and there is still no sign of this man. Ryder wasn't able to sleep in a few days now because of this, he keeps stressing out about the possibility that the fenrir could've strike at any moment. I'm starting to worry about our leader's lack of sleep so i decided to let him rest and do the work instead.

"Hey there Ryder sir!" i start off.

"Hey Chase, you need something?" he asks.

"Actually Ryder, it's not me that needs something, but you." 

"Me? What is it then?" 

"You need some sleep Ryder sir." i blatantly said as i look at him straight in the eye.

"No need Chase, i'm fine!" he says as he gets more energetic and starts to type something in the keyboards.

"No Ryder, you need sleep. All of us are worried about you, you work so hard to protect Adventure Bay and the world itself! Please let us do our part" i said as i give him a reassuring smile.

He was silent for a moment until he nods in agreement.

"Heh, thanks Chase, i'm grateful to have the best pups like you guys" he said as he lifts me up and hugs me.

"*Giggles*"

After that he went down the elevator to get some rest...

So... it's just me now... Welp, time to get to work.

*A few hours later*

" yawn "

It has been a few hours since Ryder has left to take some shut eye. I have been looking up on these things for hours now and it's starting to take a toll on me now...

I too have not been sleeping for a couple days and i feel like a zombie now... And since i can't let this thing stress me out, i decided to go back to my puphouse and get some rest to, we will just continue this tomorrow. 

When i took off my eyes from the screen, i realized it was actually night time now. Huh, time flies so fast. Last time i looked at the balcony, the sun was up high, now it's the moon's time to shine. Anyways the pups are probably back at their puphouses already, so i figured that i should probably just not disturb them and go to sleep myself. 

As i turned off the computer at the lookout, i walked at the balcony. I wanted to appreciate nature's wonders and take a few moments to re-collect myself. Aside from the fenrir mystery, i also had another problem to sort out these last few weeks, so i never got the time to take a deep breathe and relax. It has been awhile since the last time i did this, and i kinda missed it.