Chapter 12: Splitting up

*Ryder's POV*

"So you're gonna tell me what you we're doing back there?" a police officer in charged said.

"Officer i promise you we weren't-"

"LIES! Let me remind you again we are the authorities we are the good guys not that MONSTER!" he said loud and clear.

'So they know it's the fenrir but not...'

"You really think we didn't know about the origin of the fenrir, if so you must've looked down on us too much." someone said.

As the figure turned around it was they're top detective. He had a brown coat with a black hat and a very menacing look in his eyes.

"Oh i see, so you knew... But that's all what we knew that you knew-"

"But not all of them..."

I gulped. If we are gonna get out of this one, i'm gonna have to lie and show fake proof. I really hate doing this but....

There's no other choice.

"Well, you definitely found all we know, about the fenrir and about the origin story, that's all." i said with a straight face.

We stared at each other for so long i had to keep myself from not breaking, he's probably  doing this just to find my lie.

"Okay, so i know you're lying." he flat out said.

Crap.

"So just hurry up and tell the truth..." he said nonchantly.

"But i always have, i don't know anything beyond that." i said sweating.

"Lies." 

"Actually chief, he's telling the truth." one of the police officers said.

"Huh? HOW?!" he said losing his cool for a moment.

"We secretly had put a lie detector test on him while he wasn't looking, everything he said was true." he continued.

"And let me add that the one we used is really accurate at finding the truth's and lies." another one added.

"So he really doesn't know huh..." he whispered loud enough that i heard it.

"Now do you believe me?" i asked.

"Well technology doesn't lie, but i'm still surprised, when you guys sneaked into our base in Adventure Bay you looked like professionals and you only figured out this much?" 

"Well that's because we thought that the "authorities" can handle it." i added.

I can see him clench his fists in a fit of rage.

"Well that's because we just got started." he excused.

"Well i thought you can always be there first and can always be count on." i countered.

"Well, we may have some flaws but still in the end, we will catch that beast." he said with a menacing and a very scary tone.

"We'll see about that.." i said nonchalantly.

I can see in his eyes that he isn't pleased nor does not believe anything about what i said. He then went out of the room as silent as possible. He told them to release me and put me back in the cell, i don't know why but he must've had a reason to do such a thing. I was then dragged back to my cell with the company of two police officers by my side. As i walk through i see all kinds of people in the cells. Ones that are big and muscular and some are skinny but menacing. I also saw Alex in the entrance/exit of the police station making words from his mouth shape that says "I'm sorry". I shook my head sidewards signaling that it wasn't his fault. Now that i think about it when Alex screamed there was this "howl" and it was really loud and really scary, even for me. So... what was that about?