Chapter 13: Where the scent take us

*Chase's POV*

Nothing.....

I feel.....

Nothing.....

The continuous feeling of numbness keeps going through my whole body. My mind is starting to become blank and my conscience is starting to fade...

Please someone.....

Help me....

"Hey there, you okay?" someone said in a soft tone.

It was like a whisper but... it was loud... loud enough for me to give me strength and wake up from the endless void of pitched-black darkness.

I woke up my eyes to find myself stared at by a woman with cyan eyes and brown hair. She seems young with her big-rounded glasses and her face was bright as the sun. She was wearing this orangey sweater and a dark green colored skirt (this is not velma i swear XD).

"Oh good, you're finally awake." she said as she gets up and goes to one side of the room.

She then gets this grey kettle with a black handle and poor some sort of liquid into a dark red dog bowl.

"Here, have some of this tea, it will help you" she said.

She then placed the herb tea at the dog bowl beside my bed and i drank it. It tasted very herby but refreshing and so i continued on to drink it.

"So where you from?" she started to ask.

"From Adventure bay." i said still unsure if i can trust her.

"Oh i see. What's you're name?"

"Chase..."

"Chase huh? I'm Ella by the way" she said as she also grabs a cup of tea and sits beside me.

Ella, why do i feel like i have heard of that name before???

"So anyways, what are you doing in the middle of nowhere sleeping??" she asked

I hesitated. I didn't know if i should've responded or not so i decided to ask her first something, i wanted to be able to trust her before telling my story.

"Shouldn't i be asking that? What is a teenager doing here in the middle of the woods?" i asked

And she seemed to get the message. She gave me a look that literally said "If i tell my story would you tell me yours?" To which i nod in response.

"Well, it's kinda complicated..." she stated.

"I love complexity" i replied back.

"I didn't knew a German Shepard like you has a deep vocabulary." she jokingly said.

"One of a kind if i do say so myself." i said proudly joking puffing my chest up resulting her giggling.

"Well i guess i should probably start my story now." she started.

"Okay." i replied.

"I was a professor's assistant working on medicine and health. We test our products and prototype's on some sick animals, so that we can see some results in our medicine and also the animals can get better in the process." she started.

"So it was like a win-win situation." i questioned

"Mhm. Also the reason why animals is that they almost have the same results as humans if they tried our medicine." she answered

"Oh i see."

Why do i feel like... i have definitely heard of something like that before....

"Well, one day things we're just the norm. Me and the professor we're testing a kind of medicine for back pain. We we're just doing our stuff... when suddenly... someone shouted to run. You see the other room was also testing something but a lot more dangerous...."