Forever Stuck Together

|Mumbo|

"You're both

Monsters.

But we could help fix you.

We could help you.

We could Fix you.

"We could get rid of him, take him away,
But,

He will always be apart of you

HE WILL FOREVER TEAR YOUR MIND

PIECE
BY
PIECE

YOU WILL FOREVER BE A MOSTER,
AN ABOMINATION,
AN ANIMAL,

YOU AND HIM WILL FOREVER BE TOGETHER

WHETHER YOUR STUCK IN THE SAME BODY OR MIND

HE WILL FOREVER POISON,
SHATTER,
AND BREAK YOU.

YOU WILL NEVER BE APART

YOU'LL FOREVER BE STUCK TOGETHER

~~~~
I sat down on the side of a fountain in Scar's village. I sat there looking down at my hands. It was weird that my hands were encased in the Redstone like substance, I mean I could still sometimes feel my hands under all of it but not much.

I felt a small burning sensation by the side of my face. I felt a few tears roll down my face into my hands. I slowly wrapped my arms around myself. I heard a door open and looked up to see the faint glow of Grians eyes. I slowly lowered my head back down to its original position. I heard Grian walk up to me and sit down.

"You okay out here?"

...

Grian leaned close to me and hugged me, with both his arms and wings. I felt more tears roll down my cheeks as Grian huddled into a ball beside me. I shifted my head to see some of the surroundings.

Lightning bugs danced around like little stars, glowing on and off giving them a twinkling effect. The lamps all around the village gave off a soft orange-yellow glow that was soothing to the eyes. I spotted some vines growing from the magical trees all around us that had what looked like small bulbs of light on them. I finally looked at the sky. The stars shone brightly above us, contrasting the darkness of the sky. They were beautiful.

"Hey is everything okay? You can talk to me."

...

"Mumby..."
"D-Do you think..."
"D-Do you think im a... monster..."
"Why wouldn't think that! Dear, I love you!"
"W-why would you choose to love me? I'm...a monster..."
"Why are you a monster? In your eyes why are you a monster?"
"I-I... I just feel like everyone views me as a monster..."
"Mumby, nobody sees you as a monster."
"Then I see myself...as one..."
"Mumby..."

Grian wrapped his arms around me and laid his head on my shoulder.

"I love you Mumby, remember that."
"I will... I love you too."
"I love you more."
"I love you more-er."
"You spoon that's not a word!"

I chuckled.

"Well now it is."

...

"Hey look at the stars! They're so beautiful!"
"Not as beautiful as you~"
"I-Mumby-hnnnn"

Grian's muffled voice came through his sweater as he attempted to cover his face with it as he's done so many times before. I looked over to him and saw that he had failed-very badly.

"Alright come here."

I picked him up and put him down on my lap so I could untangle him from his sweater.

"I-how-Gri how in the world-"
"Gotcha!"

Grian's head popped out of his sweater and he nuzzled me. In return, I kissed him on the cheek which turned him red as his sweater.

"Mumbyyy!"

He nestled his face in my chest as if to try and hide his face from being seen.

"Love you Gri."
"I love you more you big spoon."

We sat there in silence until we heard a door opening. I looked over to where the sound came from and saw Iskall walking over to us.

"Did I interrupt something?"
"Nope just sitting here."
"Alrighty."

Iskall sat next to us.

"It's nice out here. No wonder I saw you go out earlier."
"So both you guys were awake earlier?"
"Na, G woke up a bit after and I woke because of you talking to yourself."
"O-oh...you heard that..."
"Sort of? I heard you mumbling to yourself and then you got up and went outside."
"O-oh..."
"Were you talking to Feral?"
"I-no. He's not awake."
"How does that work? I mean you both are stuck in the same body at once wouldn't you guys both wake up at the same time?"
"I-I think it's cause even though we're in the same body at the same time we still have our own minds to ourselves? I honestly don't know. Before we weren't stuck together only fighting over control..."
"Wait-So this has happened before? Can't you guys get out of your body or something?"
"I think he's tried to but it didn't work..."
"Eh oh well."

...

"Hey come here."

I scooted closer to Iskall as I possibly could without them getting hit by one of Grian's wings. They hugged both me and Grian. Once we let go they looked down at their arm. I tried to look down at their arm but they hid it from me. I thought nothing of it.

...

"Hey, Iskall?"
"Yeah?"
"I feel like something bad is going to happen."
"Why's that?"
"I feel like this had some meaning to it. I mean why would the watchers choose to possess me? It just makes no sense..."
"Dude it makes no sense to me either. Is um is Grian asleep?"
"nooo..."

Grian slowly lifted his head from my chest before placing it back down again.

"Hey G, why don't I take you back so you can sleep on something more comfortable."
"Mumby is comfortable..."
"Gri please go with Iskall."
"Fine..."

Grian slowly got up and walked with Iskall back to the house we were all in. I continued to sit and think.

I felt like something bad was gonna happen.
It felt weird that Xanthos was almost normal looking but Gri... Gri was replaced with a massive dragon. Maybe it meant something?

My thoughts were interrupted when I felt a burning sensation on my skin. I looked around seeing it had started to rain. I sat there for few minutes before I started to walk back inside.

Word count - 966