Feral wings

|Scar|

I was walking through the shopping district when something came out od the town hall portal and came straight for me. It started to fall and it was Mumbo with something fluffy, I soon discovered that the fluffy thing was Grian.

Grian!?!

They said they hadn't found him, but looking at him I could tell that he had been stuck somewhere. I looked over to Mumbo and he seemed to be more stressed than Grian, even though they were passed out. I called Xisuma over and he seemed worried. He told me that he saw some sort of creature flying after them that had retreated to the nether. I told Xisuma that I was going to bring them back to my village doctor to see what happened.

|Grian|

I woke up in a black room or what I thought was a black room. I saw someone else in here with me.

"How'd you get here?" "I-i don't know, I just passed out is all- Wait where even is here?!" "This is one of the far corners of your mind." "Okay? Another question who are you?" "I'm Ex-" "YOU! You were that person it that wretched place!?!"

"Yes and no." "What do you mean!?!"

"That was my body. Some shadow thing was controlling me." "So it wasn't your fault that I was injured?" "No." "Okay then, alright."

"Do you have anything else I can call you instead of Ex?" "Xanthos." "Okay, well, nice to meet you Xan im Grian!" "Nice to meet you too Grian."

|Xanthos|Xan for short|

"So is there anything we can do here?" "I mean you can materialize anything in this place, so anything You and I can think of I guess." "Ohhh! Could we play connect four!" "Sure thing! If you want you could make a house or something for us to meet in the next time you come." (if there even is a next time.) "Okay."

I watched as he seemed to materialize a rustic looking house, right before he did he seemed to gain these robotic face plates and then they disappeared. Then he added some modern things and flowers with some color, each time he seemed to gain different features every time. Like when he did the modern touch-ups he seemed to turn robotic looking with black hair for a few seconds, and then the color and flowers he seemed to have a bead and feather necklace and a flower crown for a few seconds.

"Uhhh-Grian?" "Yes?" "Why did you look different for a few seconds?" "Oh! Those are just my alter-egos! There's NPG, Robot Grian, and Hippie Grian!" "Why did those appear?" "Probably cause im doing something that usually would be done by them!" "Like what?" "Well, NPG likes rustic houses to the point that he would build nothing but them, Robot Grian likes building modern things and structures, and Hippie Grian likes to add lots of flowers and colors to everything he sees!" "Ah, so that's why they happened."

"Yeah... Now, let's go play connect four!"

I watched him run off like a little child that got the best gift ever imaginable.

|Time skip - 1 hour|

"Grian." "Yes, Xan?"

"Have you ever heard of watchers?"

...

"Y-yes. I was going to be one until I found out what they were going to do with me."

"Oh, I had just finished my watcher training when I was kicked out and told to put the mask on, I knew what the mask would do to you so I snapped it in half."

"Oh"

We had been playing games for a while when Grian started to fade.

"W-what happening!?!" "I think your waking up." "O-okay. Does this mean goodbye?" "I mean until we see each other again." "W-well goodbye then!"