Chapter 14

: No one pov:
At lunch the managers had made sushi and miso soup, everyone piled into the eating room and sat down waiting for their turn to get food. Hinata was jumping up and down from excitement because sushi was one of his favorite foods.

Once it was Karasuno's turn to get food Suga got two plates of sushi and two miso soups, he brought them over to Hinata and Hinata devoured the sushi.

Everyone watched in amazement at how fast he ate them, Hinata then grabbed his plate and brought it to the kitchen sink so it could be washed. Today after lunch Hinata was going to learn something new with the managers, instead of learning the alphabet or numbers he was going to learn how to play volleyball.

He was super excited, so he said good bye to all his friends and ran to the learning room to wait for the managers.

Once they got there they changed him into workout shorts and a shirt and they went outside to the field. They decided that they would teach him how to receive the ball and maybe how to set the ball.

: Hinata pov:
I was super excited to learn how to play volleyball, when mama and papa played it always looked super fun. When we got outside Kiyoko told me we would learn how to receive and set if we have time. For the receives Kiyoko showed me the ready position and I copied her, it was a little sloppy and weird but I still had confidence.

Yachi have a small serve so I could bump it back, I was too close and I ended up receiving with my face! It hurt soooooo much but I still tried again and again, everytime I received with my face. Soon enough I had a red mark in the middle of my face and a little bloody nose.

Kiyoko told me that I couldn't practice anymore because I was hurt and needed to take care of myself. I was a little sad but mostly happy because near the end I didn't receive with my face as often.

I ran inside the gym with my nose still dripping and ran to mama, when I hugged him he looked like he had just seen a ghost. I tilted my head to show I was confused then he started to freak out telling people to go get towels and water.

I didn't like having stuff on my face so I ran to Coach Ukai, but he made me go get towels for my nose 😑. Soon enough I was all better so I sat on Coach Ukai's lap watching the matches, but I was tired from running around in practice so I feel asleep.

: Hinata pov in dream:
Today I was going to practice my receives with Kageyama, I'm not really good with recives so I need to get better. I got into a reciving position ready to hit the ball, but I ended up receiving it with my face!

It hurt alot but I still kept trying, by the end of practicing my recevies I had a red spot on my forehead. I put a bandage on it and went to go play in the skrimmage match with the rest of the team. My recevies got a little better but half of then failed.

After the match practice was over, I got on my bike and biked home. When I got home Natsu was waiting for me, I asked her if she wanted to help me with something in volleyball. She quickley agreed so I grabbed my volleyball and we went to the backyard.

I showed her how to serve the ball and how to bump it back, she was a fast learner so we stated playing. It was really fun and we just kept hitting back and forth

Every so often one of us would recevie it wrong and we would have to start over. It was still fun though, after practicing we had a nice dinner and practiced some more then went to bed.

~Time Skip to morning practice in dream~

At morning practice I received more balls than yesterday, so I was getting better! I super happy and some people even congratulated me, it was really funny. Afterwards we worked on serves, I was also not very good at those but it was still passable.

: Hinata pov:
When I woke up I was in the Coaches room, I got up and pushed the door open and ran to the eating room. Everyone was there eating, I ran to Suga and hugged him I then said "Want to hear about my dream?" He agreed and I said "Did you know big boy Hinata used to receive balls with his face just like me!"

Everyone laughed as they remembered those times, I then said "Well I want to be just like him! He worked so hard and eventually got better and better!" Suga told me that he would help me if I ever needed help, I gave him a hug and said "Thanks!"

After that Suga got me some food and we all ate, then it was time for showers and baths. In the shower I was telling everyone about my practice, I even showed them my receving position. Everyone clapped and told me if I kept trying I would become a pro volleyball player, and that's awesome!

We got out of the showers and went to the room, Suga got me dressed in a navy blue shirt and white pants. I layed in my futon next to Kageyama and Suga gave me milk. It was warm so I quickley finished it and fell asleep, I was excited to learn more volleyball tomorrow!

(996 words)

Hi! Thank you for all the reads! There are soooo many! Anyways here is a funny video of all the times people got hit in the face with a volleyball. (mostly hinata lol)