Pity & Trust

CHAPTER SIXTEENPity & Trust

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Pity & Trust

CHOI JISOO

I was finally discharged from the hospital once my temperature had become stable.

Three days had gone by so fast, but at the same time it felt painfully slow. A contradiction that would never be explainable.

Most of those three days went by with me sleeping and throwing up food. A simple headache snowballed into a high fever that required me to be admitted to a hospital... sometimes things do escalate quickly, huh?

Speaking of escalation, what was up with Taehyung? I couldn't figure out that man. Just a few days ago, he was shouting at me till the roof could blow up, and now? He was being the most awkward, yet kind person, helping me with normal tasks such as walking and feeding me as well?

Was this the same Taehyung? Or was my fate playing a cruel joke by making me see Tae in him? Was that all it needed - a high fever - to make the humanity in him surface again?

Or was this much more deeper...?

"Aaaa~" Jungkook sang as he brought a slice of toast closer to my mouth. I was getting baby-sitted by the baby himself...

However, I opened my mouth and crunched on the toast. I wasn't allowed to have home cooked food yet, hence the boring toast.

We were seated at the dining table in Taehyung's flat, for obvious reasons of me not being able to travel from here to Jungkook's flat - even though it was just a floor apart.

"I'm done." I sighed, with bread still on either sides of my cheeks. I didn't have the energy to chew, and the blandness wasn't helping either.

"Dr Kim said you need to eat well." Jungkook tutted and nudged the bread forward. I shook my head firmly and moved away. Jungkook let out a deep breath and placed the bread back onto the plate, "Okay, fine... I won't feed you anymore."

Jungkook looked down at his watch and hummed, "Hyung will be home soon. He texted me that the meeting finished, a while ago."

"Hey, Jungkook..." I gulped when the young male blinked at me, "Is Taehyung... okay?"

"Uh... yeah. What makes you think he isn't?" He scratched his head.

"He's just been behaving... differently?"

"Different?" He frowned, "How so?"

"He's been caring? And always checks up on me." I twiddled my index fingers.