The Autopsy

CHAPTER FORTYThe Autopsy

CHAPTER FORTY
The Autopsy

CHOI JISOO

Did seeing Taehyung again really meant saying goodbye to my family?

I pondered alone in Tae's reading chair. Even after six months of Tae's passing away, a subtle scent of musk and mint remained in the dark green velvet of the chair. When I thought to myself, it felt like I was speaking through him. This might all sound strange and borderline haunted to a third person, but to someone who lost a piece of them in a person... it was normal.

Did I really have to choose between my family and Taehyung?

As strange as it sounds, it only took me a moment to decide what I wanted.

So I stayed... searching for more answers.

Hobi said he'd take me back to the files department in the main building, but first, he wanted me to relax since I went crazy in that car ride a few days ago. He said I wasn't in my right mind. I mean, could I blame him?

All this time, I was standing before a door that I didn't know where it would lead me. But after finding out about Jungkook's existence, I realised what remained on the other side of the door.

But now stayed the question if going to the other side was a simple step towards my desire, or a walk in the dark - losing everything I have.

I could no longer decipher since when my mind could come up with such metaphorical thoughts.

Was I really starting to lose my mind?

Hobi took me to the main building again.

We walked down the same corridor again.

We found a security guard near the door again.

Except, the face of the guard Eli bed to someone I knew well.

"Jin."

The guard's eyes almost fell off his face when he heard me utter his name out.

"D-do I know you, miss?" His brows jumped in a cartoonish manner.

"No." I managed a smile, "It was your badge."

He looked down at the rectangular badge on his uniform and hit himself in the head after realising, "My bad. But may I ask why you are here? This area needs authorisation. I can't let you in if-"