Love Lies

FINALE PT

FINALE PT.2
Love Lies

CHOI JISOO

I was supposed to be in darkness. Well, I was being consumed by darkness. But why did I suddenly see a ray of light directed towards me?

I should've already felt the water gush in to replace the little oxygen left in my lungs. So why didn't I feel it?

Was I dead already?

I guess after living an excruciating climax to my life, a peaceful death wasn't so bad after all. Surprising, but peaceful.

Just when I was about to close my eyes and shut my senses off... a pinhole-sized ray of light pointed towards me from the top of the endless abyss I was drowning in.

The ray of white light grew bigger in a second, taking me by shock - making me highly aware of how I sunk endlessly. The light swallowed me whole, pulling me the opposite direction to where I was headed - upwards.

My mind could no longer decipher what was happening. I didn't know if it was the exhaustion or I just wasn't bothered to know anymore.

My body moved as if it was being sucked into a black hole. I felt my soul getting ripped apart from my physical vessel.

Silence.

And the feeling of floating.

I slowly opened my eyes. My breath got stuck in my throat as an overwhelming amount of images played simultaneously. Every single one of them showing Taehyung. Different hair, different fashion, different age.

"I lost you twice already, Beth. I won't lose you again!"

I saw an image of Taehyung shine through the light as he spoke to a girl whose face I couldn't see clearly.

"I would have definitely married you if I weren't gay!" A different Taehyung said this time, "But I'm stuck with this jerk for the rest of my life."

I gasped when I saw him pointing to none other than Jimin.

"Excuse me! I'm the best you'll ever get!" Jimin countered.

"Sure! You haven't even proposed to me yet! You call yourself the best? Learn from Jungkook! He's two years younger than you."

"Why don't you propose then? Why should I -"

My eyes moved to a different vision.

My blood ran cold when I found a pair of sea green eyes stare at me. The previous Taehyungs had a bit of mischief and affection in their eyes... but this pair of eyes seemed off. His hair was blonde and wavy. And the fact that it felt like he was staring right at me made my body freeze.

His gaze steadily followed me as I moved further upwards and soon got sucked into another vortex.

A gut-wrenching scream escaped my lips as I felt pain take over me. Every joint and every muscle. The feeling of being ripped - limb by limb.

And suddenly, it all stopped.

A deep gasp left my throat as I jolted my body upwards. My eyes bursted open to the new light surrounding me and I couldn't stop coughing as if I had drowned in a river.

Wait... I did drown in a river...

"Jisoo! You're awake!"

A deep voice, one that I know too well, broke me from my thoughts.

Taehyung.

"Taehyung..." my lips quivered as I took in the brunette. He hadn't changed much except for his warm brown eyes that seemed to have lost its lustre, "T-Taehyung... is it really- really you...?"

My vision turned blurry.

Arms wrapped over my body as my head collided with the brunette's chest.

"I hope this isn't a dream." He whispered into my hair, "I really hope it isn't."

My fingers clung onto his sweater vest hesitantly, until I realised that I wasn't hallucinating. It was real. Taehyung was here.

I was back.

Back to where I belonged. Back to where my happiness belonged.

"This is real." I murmured and held onto him tightly, afraid I might lose him again.

He pulled away and kissed my forehead a few times as tears of happiness streamed down his face - a smile never leaving his lips, "I thought I lost you..."

"Me too..." I met his eyes.

He caught me in an embrace again, and I returned it, savouring every moment of his warmth against my skin.

I was back.

Back to where my love lied.

Ehhhhh......

Unedited

The visions - if you've read my other books, you'll be able to find the connections.🤡

I hope this wasn't too shitty of a finale. I think it is quite shitty. Not so happy with it. Hopefully I can make up for it with the epilogue.

Don't keep your expectations high tho 🤡