Loneliness

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTLoneliness

Loneliness

CHOI JISOO

The timer on my last month had already begun.

Out of the three months I lived here, the third month seemed the longest of all. Why, you ask? Because ever since that kiss, things became awkward between Taehyung and I. He'd pretend as though I don't exist. As if I'm just a ghost of his imagination, roaming around in his house. He no longer accompanied me to the hospital either, instead he'd send Jungkook with me, not that Jungkook complained. He was more than happy to help, or that's what it looked like.

Therapy was over. And now came the lists of anti-depressant pills and pain-killers and BP pills that I had to take every single day to help my body cope. It was supposed to help, but I only felt myself get weaker emotionally and mentally. Physically, I had pains and swelling around my legs, but I was getting well.

As an outlet, I began exercising in the gym that was the facilities provided in the apartment. They had a swimming pool too, but I only used to dip my legs in them when I felt like it. I wasn't capable of diving into water just yet.

"Are you ready, Noona?" Jungkook poked his head through the door.

"Yeah. I am." I smiled lightly and stood up from my bed. I lightly brushed my clothes and followed him out.

My eyes fell upon Taehyung as he was about to walk out of his room. When he noticed me in the hall, he walked back into his room and shut the door.

This had been the case for the past month, and although I was supposed to be used to it by now... it stung a bit each time I pretended as though I wasn't there or avoided me.

I managed a smile when I noticed the sadness in Jungkook's gaze, "Let's go."

Doctor checkups were regular after the therapy sessions for obvious reasons of keeping a check on my recovery.

Over time, Jin and I began good friends and it went to an extent where I could share my thoughts with him without the fear of being judged, thanks to his empathetic and caring nature and his medical background that allowed him to understand his patient's circumstances well.

"Your weight is starting to become healthy once again. And I can see it, you look much, much than how you looked during chemo." Jin adjusted his glasses, smiling, "But it not what's on the outside that's important. How do you feel on the inside?"

"Honestly? I feel like shit." I looked down at my lap when I heard Jin let out a deep sigh.

"I understand." Jin gave me a tight-lipped smile, "Is it because of Taehyung?"