Pure Imagination (Pt. 2 of Tattoo)

"Come in."

Kevin walked in "Hey, I just wanted to make sure you were feeling alright."

I nodded "Yeah I am, thanks for checking up on me."

He smiled "No problem, hey um.. There's something else I wanted to ask you."

I put my phone down "Shoot."

Kev leaned against my door frame "Were you doing anything tomorrow? I was thinking if you weren't too tired, we could go to the beach.."

I smiled "Not that I know of and yeah, definitely! Sounds like fun."

He nodded "Cool, well I'm text you in the morning! Night."

"Night Kev."

************

"You and AJ kissed?? Girlllllllll!"

I laughed "Brandy stop!"

She screamed through the phone "Now you're going on a day date with Kevy Kev!!"

Whilw groaning I said "B, it's not a day date.. It's just two friends going to the beach. Maybe we'll build a sandcastle or two."

I pulled out a few outfit choices for today, I'm not entirely sure if we'll swim or not so I'll just wear regular clothes on top of my swimsuit. I picked out a pair of light wash shorts and a loose white blouse.

Brandy cautioned "Mhmm, it's different when you've had a crush on said friend."

I sighed "Had, Brandy. The point is, that the crush I had on Kev is in the past."

She sighed "If you say so."

Brandy and I talked a little more about random things before I got my text from Kevin.

I squealed "Oop that's him! I've got to go girl."

She laughed "Have fun, just not too much fun!"

As I walked out of the apartment, Howie was on his way back in. Initially I was going to go back inside and wait him out, but there was no other way to play this off.

Howie waved "Hey, going somewhere?"

I nodded. I didn't really want to say that I was headed to the beach with just Kevin, but honestly there's no harm in doing that.

So I added "Yeah, just going to the beach.. Wanna come?"

Howie thought about it for a second "Another time, thanks though."

I smiled "No problem. How's the Henna Tat holding up?"

He groaned "Very well."

Kevin walked out of the adjoining apartment with a beach ball and a bucket.

Howie quickly looked between us and said "Well I'll be here planning out our groups night out."

Kevin cleared his throat "Headed out?"

I nodded.

*******************

As we walked along the overly crowed beach I said "Oh, um I meant to return your compliment last night."

Kev smiled "Well thank you. Listen, last night I'm sorry if I made you feel uncomfortable."

I raised an eyebrow "You didn't make me feel uncomfortable last night. Not one bit."

Kevin spun the beach ball on his finger before saying "Okay, that's good.. I just felt like I had imposed by assuming you.."

I laughed "Stop it, stop it right there.. I know what you're doing Richardson."

He put his hands in defense "I haven't a clue what you mean.."

I swatted at him "Yes you do."

He grabbed my hands and pulled me to him. Seconds later and I end up falling on Kevin.

"Owwww."

He was trying his best to stifle his laughter "Well at least I was here to break your fall."

I sighed and rolled off of him, we laid side by side in the sun baked sand for a while as the waves rocked back and forth. I felt his hand reach for mine and without hesitation I accepted it. Years ago I would've killed to be this close to Kevin. Hell, I would've been a nervous wreck if I got the chance, but now I'm laying here just enjoying the moment. I guess things really do happen for a reason..

As I turned my head and looked into his eyes I instantly felt butterflies in my stomach. A smile creeped across his lips as he rolled over to face me.

"I love seeing you like this. Peaceful and all, you're really beautiful."

Kev moved a curl from my face and softly kissed me on the cheek.

I was too shocked to say anything.

Quickly he sat up and stretched "I, uh.. I think we should head back now. I'm sure Howie's worried sick or something like that."

I nodded and stood up trying to wipe off as much sand as I could.

**************

Kevin gave me a warm hug and a soft kiss before walking into his place.

As I walked into the apartment AJ was sitting in the living room watching TV.

"Hey" I said as I tried to quickly get to my room without being questioned.

I was starting to feel very conflicted right now, maybe Brandy was right.

"You went out?" I heard AJ say from my living room.

"Yeah, I went to the beach. I would've asked if you wanted to come, but you were already out this morning." I walked into the kitchen and grabbed a bottle of water.

He walked in and did the same, "That sounded like fun, but um yeah Brian and I went to get some coffee at this Bodega down the street."

I widened my eyes "Ooo sounds good."

AJ laughed "Exactly! Well, Howie wants to stay in for the night. You cool with that?"

I nodded and took a sip of my water "Totally.'

He smiled "We'll cook, watch a couple movies and maybe get some more alone time." He wiggled his eyebrows on the last part.

I smirked "Alone time... Now why would we need that?"

Instantly I felt a pang of guilt.

AJ bit his lip "I'll show you.."

**********

To be continued