Happier

A quick question and I respond.

"I couldn't be happier".

I'd never said truer words.

I look up and see Brian running back and forth on the basketball court. He can be so goofy at times, but that doesn't stop him from focusing on serious topics.

Topics such as how we stood as a couple? Are we a couple?

What if we're moving too fast?

I snap back to reality and continue my conversation with a near breathless Brian.

"Okay babe, just making sure" he winks and within seconds a basketball bounces off his head.

I stifle my laughter after realizing he's okay and that kisses are the appropriate treatment for his injury.

He chased Nick around the court yelling "I'm gonna get you!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sometimes I do wonder if we are moving too fast...

We made a mutual decision to live together. Surprisingly it's made us stronger and we're starting to understand each other some more.

For example now I know how he likes his eggs in the morning, and I can recognize the way he taps his foot whenever something excites him. Or that if I want to shower with hot water I need to be the first in the bathroom.

He understands that sometimes I need space to recharge from being around an amazing, energetic extrovert for nearly 24 hours a day. He also knows how much I love cheese and insists on making his mother's famous Mac n Cheese whenever I get a craving for the yellow-orange stuff.

We're definitely past the honeymoon phase, there's arguments and sometimes they aren't resolved the very next day, but we have so much love for each other.

"Hey! Babe are you listening?" Brian tosses the basketball to me. 

I catch it and blink a few times "Uh, yeah." I'm zoning out bad today...

He sits beside me on the faded bleachers "Okay, so you heard me when I said Nick's staying with us for three months?"

My eyes shot open "Huh?" He laughs and nudges his knee against mine.
"Gotcha ya."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

We sit curled up on the couch watching some random Lifetime movie.

Bri gently nuzzles into my neck and says "You good hun? You've been a little spacey today."

I scoot closer "Yeah I've just been thinking alot." He nods and sweetly kisses my check "I'm always here if you need to talk baby."

I smile "How'd I ever get so lucky" slowly I run my hands through his soft tuffs of blond hair.

Brian gasps dramatically "I think I should be asking you that." He then kisses me softly, moving so that I'm now in his arms.

I couldn't be happier.