Love

Howie's quiet, he's aware of his surroundings. Still, he remains quiet. Always watching. It's as if he's trying to calculate every possible outcome without making a single move. Surveying his options before he chooses. Capturing every moment before pouncing.

How did I ever get this lucky?

His chocolate eyes stay focused, until there's too much to absorb. Chocolate eyes turn into a blazing whiskey warmed by lust.

Touch me.

I'd do anything to get his hands on my body. Soft and gentle hands holding me and squeezing me tight. Holding on tenderly after midnight.

Seriously, how did I ever get this lucky?

I wake up wrapped in his arms, my mind still a little foggy from last night. I snuggle closer just happy to know that we're okay.

We both owned up to making mistakes in our relationship and made up.

How could I not notice the look in his eyes when we danced. Or the curve of his upper lip whenever I said something stupid. The way his voice dripped with honey when he spoke.

I'd forgotten about the fire igniting between us when we'd kiss.

He'd forgotten that I'd always catch him surveying his surroundings. I would watch his chocolate eyes move feverious around the room, hoping to capture his attention.

We saved our love. No more calling it quits in person or over the phone. Just speaking freely about our love for one another.

I remembered that his silence is why I was drawn to him. He recalled that my inquisitive nature is why he was attracted to me.

Not entirely opposites, but similar enough.

His loving arms loosen as he got out of bed to get ready for rehearsal with the guys. I groan missing the feeling of his skin on mine, he gave a light chuckle.

Before he exited the bedroom Howie leaves a tender kiss on my lips.

"I'll be back soon sweetheart." He half whispers and goes to get dressed.

How'd I get so lucky?