(Pt. 2) Your Friendly Neighborhood Party Monster

A continuation of "Your Friendly Neighborhood.."

I can't believe I just ate pizza with Nick Carter!! I can't believe I shared my food with someone..

As I get ready for bed and I'm still buzzing from our conversation and I just can't wait to tell Shar tomorrow in person.

In the morning I diligently try to stretch my already week long twist out by one more day. As I pick and fluff, my doorbell rings.

I mumbled "Of course" then yelled a quick "I'm coming sis!" Like she could hear me through the door..

I quickly walked out of my bathroom, grabbed my backpack and thermos of tea then headed towards the door.

"Nick! I- Hey! I thought you were Shar.." I laughed nervously.

"Nah, just me.. Well Shar's in the car already, I figured you two might like a ride to class." He pointed to the slightly tinted black Suburban and on cue Shar waved.

"Wow, thanks."

"No problem." He placed his hand behind his head.

"Plus I owe you one, I kinda ate all your pizza last night."

"Yeah well.. I wouldn't say kinda." I mumbled the last part.

**********

Shar and I planned to meet up for lunch after our last class and then we'd get back in time for Nick's driver to pick us up.

"So, what did you guys talk about?" She took out a mostly lettuce chicken salad sandwich and a chef salad.

I raised an eyebrow.

"Listen, ever since Kevin left me for Britney I've been working on my revenge body."

I nodded and felt instant guilt.. It's been about a month and a half since her seemingly nobody boyfriend left her for a raising popstar. I didn't really know what to say, but all I could really do was give my nonverbal support of my best friend getting her life back on track.

"Enough about me.." she smacked my arm "Tell me what you and the blond wonder talk about?"

I took a sip of tea "Well, a lot of different things, but I will say him being in BSB did not come up once."

"That's good, I guess. He's staying humble."

I nodded "Yeah and to be honest I made sure not to bring it up."

I went on to explain how he choose my quaint neighborhood and a bunch of other miscellaneous tidbits.

"So, what your telling me is.. Millionaire Nick Carter took the time to personally look at multiple online listings of apartments and just picked where you live completely by chance?"

I shook my head aggressively "Exactly! What are the chances?!"

Around 2:10pm the two of us were picked up on time.

*******

Towards the end of the week I got a text from an unknown number..

"Hey, I'm having a party tonite wanna come?"

"Who the heck-"

"It's Nick btw 😊"

There goes my answer.. It's short notice, but I agree anyway and quickly try to come up with something to wear. I'd invited Shar, but she had a late night Soul Cycle. I wish her the upmost best of luck and hop into the shower.

I figure the best thing to do is a Wash & Go and pray that my hair comes out defined. Scanning through my closet I try to find the best outfit for tonight and I come up with something in between being stylish and casual..  High waisted black jeans, a cropped tank and a bright yellow and black  Addis jacket. For my shoes I keep it simple with some low top vans.. I look myself over in the mirror for a few minutes and decide it's time to walk across the street. 

As soon as the wind picked up outside, I was glad that I wore a longer jacket.. While walking I can't help, but to imagine who's at the party and well, how it's going to be in general. I don't go to many parties, but I'm fairly sure this one won't be a regular run in the mill house party. 

After a few momentary pauses I get the courage to knock on Nick's front door and nearly had an aneurysm when Kevin Richardson opened it. 

"Hi, I'm Kevin" He flashed a broad smile and promptly moved out of the way for me to get in.

"Hi, I'm me! Uh, wait I mean.. Hi, I'm--Hi..." If I could punch myself in the throat I would, all Kevin could do was give a nervous chuckle and called out to his friend "Hey Nick! Your girlfriend's here!"

"Kevin!!!"

I feel myself blush and hope no one notices, Kevin turns back to me "The food is in the kitchen and a couple more pizzas should be on the way.. Oh!" he paused for a second "Also the drinks are right over here." he pointed to the coffee table next to us. I nodded and said thanks, I'm still in complete shock that I'm standing in Nick Carter's living room talking to Kevin Richardson. Well, technically he's talking to me, but you get the point...

"Hey, you're here! I'm glad you came." Nick gave me a quick hug.

"Of course, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

After a while more people come and I'm suddenly lost in a sea of up and coming stars and starlets. I'd been talking to Nick and Kevin for most of the night, well that is until other girls came. By the end of the night the other BSB members came, separately to avoid any unwanted attention. Of course I had I ended up putting my foot in my mouth again when meeting them, but they seemed to understand that this was just a little too surreal for me. As time ticked by the more I felt over clothed and well, forgotten.

I had an early class tomorrow anyway so I figured I'd use that as a reason to dip. For the next few weeks this would be a my routine until I stopped coming over all together. My seemingly quiet neighbor turned out to be a party monster, I shouldn't be surprised. Imagine studying for a final while Nick Carter blasts muffled tunes from his place directly across the street from you.  Not knowing whether to go join the fun or try to graduate on time. The two of us remained very friendly despite my absence.

*************

This morning I had decided to join Shar for a jog around the apartments, just my luck it'd be the hottest day of the week. I throw my hair into a bun, grab my keys and head out the door..

"Ready to pound the pavement!" Shar jogged in place.

"As ready as I'll ever be." I tied my jacket around my waist.

"Good enough!"

We went for a few blocks then took a break and started up again. This would go on for the next hour and a half until we made it back to my unit.

"We did good!" Shar held her hand up for a high five.

I high fived her.

"Wanna come in for a smoothie or whatever you can have now?"

She nodded enthusiastically.

We walked up to my door and like clockwork Nick's front door swung open..

"Hey neighbors!" He waved.

I smiled "Hi, Nick."

Shar waved and smiled.

He did a quick jog across the street to us and said "Hey, um I'm having a party tonight and I'd really  love if you two could come.."

I flashed a flirty smile "Maybe.."

He smirked "See y'all later.."