~27~ Let's Go To Paris

The week had finally arrived for us to leave for Paris. Levi had taken me shopping to get some dress suits and I don't even want to think how much he spent, let's just say there were alot of 0's. He brushed me off like it was nothing and I'm pretty sure what he spent on those suits is equivalent to my annual wage.

I had finished packing everything into my suitcase, the suits I was to take with me were laying on my bed in their suit bags. Levi had forbidden me from packing them into my suitcase and I just decided it would be easier to do as he says as I have literally no idea.

The flight left at 10:30am and it was currently 8:10. Levi told me he was going to pick me up at 8:30 so I had to be ready, packed and dressed to leave promptly. Again, I had no idea, I hadn't left the country since I was a child.

He even made me a check list of items I needed to bring with me that I surprisingly had all of. It was lucky he made it as I would never have even thought to bring half the things that he suggested. Who thinks to take a charging adapter with them?

I had just finished checking and double checking everything was in my suitcase before Levi arrives when I hear the front door knocking.

"I got it!" Mikasa calls up the stairs to me and the door clicks open. "Oh, hey, Levi." She says unamused.

"Mikasa." He replies. "Is he ready?"

"He who?" She returns still with an annoyed tone to her voice.

"Eren, obviously." I literally hear Levi's eyeroll and I laugh softly to myself before picking my things up.

"Don't 'obviously' me!" She retorts, I can hear her getting angry so I quickly scramble out of my room.

"Oh god, stop bickering guys!" I call as I approach the stairs. Mikasa stands at the bottom, her arms crossed over her chest and she's tapping her foot impatiently. She gives me a sour look when she notices me and shakes her head. Levi is standing at the bottom of the stairs, he's wearing a long black coat, a white scarf drapes over his shoulders and his coat sits open revealing that he's wearing a black waistcoat and a blue shirt underneath. Surprisingly, no tie sits around his collar for a change. He looks damn good and he turns to look at me when he hears my voice with a small smile. "H-Hey, Levi? Could I get a hand please?"

Before I even finish my sentence, he comes up the stairs and takes a suitcase and one of the suit bags from me and places a delicate kiss on my lips. "Hey. You ready to go?"

I give him a wide smile and nod my head as we descend the stairs. "See ya, Kas." I say and turn to her with a wave before approaching the door.

"Oh, no you don't!" She says, causing me to stop in my tracks and turning back to her. I am quickly enveloped in a hug that knocks the breath out of me.

Levi quickly takes the suit bags off me with a tut and I give him a shy smile before returning Mikasa's hug. "Hey, I'm only going to be gone for a week. I'll be back before you know it."

Her grip on me tightens and I sigh and melt into the hug more, letting my head rest atop hers. "I know, it's just we haven't been apart for such a long time. It's going to be weird." She says as she pulls away from me, still holding my arms.

"I know. But look, how about I face time you everyday?" I say softly looking into her eyes, the sadness suddenly leaves them and is replaces with happiness as she nods enthusiastically. "Wait, what's the time difference?"

"I don't care Eren, you can call me at three in the morning for all I'd care and I'd still answer!" We both laugh at the comment.

"As much as I love the soppy goodbye, we actually have a flight to catch. Eren?" Levi interjects, holding the suit bags out to me.

I nod to him and give Mikasa another smile and a quick hug. "Bye 'Kas."

"Bye, Eren!" She says, returning my hug and waving us goodbye at the doorstep.

Before we can get into the car she calls out to us again. "Oh, and Levi? If you do anything to hurt my brother, you'll wish you had never met him."

He turns to look at her with a smile. "I wouldn't dream of it."

"You better not." Then quickly her facade recovers and a smile takes over her face as she looks back at me. "Have a great time, Eren!" I just laugh and wave in return.

These two are so similar it's a wonder they don't get on more. Their moods change from sour to happy within seconds and their possessiveness over me is unpalpable. I shake my head with a sigh and turn to Levi who is smiling at me with a look I can't quite place, but its a happy look.

"You ready?" Levi asks as he places my case into the trunk of his car and hangs the suits in the back seats of it. I nod my head to him and slide into the passenger seat as he gets into the driver side, I roll down the window and wave to Mikasa as we start down the road.

"To Paris?" Levi asks, turning to me with a small smile.

"To Paris!!" I exclaim with a huge grin on my face.

Levi chuckles at my response and looks back to the road. "How are you?" He asks softly.

"I'm really excited!" I say giddily, bouncing in my seat. "I couldn't sleep."

"I can tell. How much coffee have you had?" He asks quirking an eyebrow.

"Not that much! Just five cups." I shrug.

"Five? When is five coffees 'not much'?" He returns with a scoff.

"Like I said, I couldn't sleep! I was too excited, if anything it's your fault." I shrug again.

"Right. And how is that?" He asks with a smirk.

"'Cause you're taking me out of the country. You're taking me to the city of love. Plus you're my boyfriend. Its not often I get to say that, nevermind that said boyfriend is taking me to Paris."

I turn to look out the window, that's when I notice multiple planes taking off in the distance and slowly, the airport comes into view. I lean forward in my seat, a new wave of excitement taking me over." Oh my God, Levi!" He chuckles in response.

Five minutes later, we arrive at the front of the airport, Levi parks the car and we put our luggage on the luggage trolley before entering the building.

Levi takes my hand and gives it a reassuring squeeze and smile, noticing that I have suddenly become overwhelmed with emotions. I walk close to Levi's side, hooking my arm through his as he pushes the trolley to the check in desk.

Once we're all checked in and our luggage is sent away, Levi leads me to the boarding area. I follow along like an obedient dog, completely lost as to where we're going or what we have to do next. I do everything he tells me to and going through all the security checks. I look at the time on my phone, it's 10am. Just 30 minutes to go.

Suddenly, a loud booming voice announces over the tannoy that our flight to Paris is now boarding and that first class are to get on first, which of course, we are, and Levi drags me along beside him to the boarding desk. He hands over our tickets and passports and the attendant gives us a smile, checks them then before handing them back to us she motions with her arm for us to pass through to the plane.

The nervousness I had has now tripled as we are sat in our seats, I grip the arm rests and close my eyes tightly as the pilot announces we are about to take off.

"Eren, it's okay. I'm right here." Levi whispers into my ear, taking my hand in his own and lacing our fingers together. I open my eyes to see his reassuring smile and return it with a small one of my own.

And then we take off.