Chapter Eighteen - Knowing Myself [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

"You, are a half-angel" he says.

"I'm an angel? " I ask again to be sure.

"Partly, your other half is a human" he says.

I'm an angel. I can't believe my parents hid this fact from me. I know they haven't been all around good parents. They practically left me to fend for myself as soon as I turned 16.

I was heartbroken at first but I've learned to live with it. I turn my attention back to Xavier and notice we're in the room I'm staying in. I'm guessing he teleported us here.

"When are you letting me leave? "I ask.

He sighs and says, "I already told you, you're not going anywhere "

Well it was worth a shot.

"So how long have you known I am a half angel?" I ask him, might as well get to know myself. Who knows, I might have some cool powers that can help me escape him.

"Since I set eyes on you" he says and I nod my head.

"OK and how long has that been?" I ask him.

"Since the moment you were born" he says and my eyes widen.

"You've been stalking me since I was born?" I ask

"Stalking is such a strong word. i prefer looking after you without your knowledge" he says and I roll my eyes.

"That's stalking" I say and he too rolls his eyes.

"Whatever" he says.

"So do I have any special powers or something?" I ask.

"None that I know of. I'm sure you have some, you just don't know it yet. But almost all angels can teleport, read people's emotions, and of course fly" he says and my eyes light up.

"I can fly" I ask and start bouncing in place. I always wondered what it felt like to be so high in the sky, not thinking about what tomorrow brings.

"Yes" he answers.

"Can you teach me? You know, how to use my powers and discover the others" I ask and he looks taken aback by my excitement.

I roll my eyes and say, "Better get used to it. At this point, I'll believe it if you tell me I originated from a fucking iguana" He lets out a chuckle and shakes his head.

"Right. I can teach you the basics but you have to figure the rest out on your own." he says and I nod.

Better than nothing.

"So when do we start?" I ask.

"We start tomorrow at six in the morning" he says and my eyes widen.

"Why the hell are we starting that early" I ask.

"The earlier we start the faster we can finish" he says and I groan at the thought of waking up six am everyday.

He leaves and goes back to his room to do whatever he does in there, leaving me alone. I close my eyes and drift off.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°••

I wake up at five and perform my morning activities and get ready for what Xavier has planned for the day. I put on my sweatpants and a sports bra and go the living room and see Xavier already there.

"Good morning" I say and head towards the coffee machine to make myself some coffee.

"Good morning" he says back.