Chapter Thirteen - Stupid Decisions [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

Oh fuck no.

The idiotic imbecile wants me to walk home? Not a chance. If anything, he should have sent me back as an apology but no, he leaves me here, wherever here is, and expects me to find my way back home.

But I am not aimlessly walking around like a chicken without a fucking head at, what's the time anyway.

Holy shit, it's 11 pm?!

There's no way I'm going home alone now. Not that I was considering it in the first place.

I head back inside Xavier's house ready to give him an ear full when I see him.

All I have to do now is find him, again. Sigh, let's get this over with.

I start opening doors again in search of him until I end up in the same room he saw me in. I go back and close the door and pause.

Should I go back in? He clearly doesn't want me in this room, I think to myself.

Geez, what gave it away. Was it the fact that he told you not to come here over and over again or the fact that he was pissed and screamed at you when he saw you in there?, inner me says, making herself known once again.

Sigh, I thought you left for good this time, I say.

How can I leave when I'm in your damn head you dumb fuck, she retorts.

Whatever, what do you think I should do, O great and wise inner me, I say, my voice full of sarcasm.

Well, I think you should enter and try touching the mirror again and see if he'll show up, she says.

That is the most stupid idea I've ever heard in my entire life, and I've heard a lot stupid ideas, I say.

Think of it, you never find him when you're looking for him until you do something stupid, she says.

So? I ask

So why not do something stupid to make him come to you instead of you walking around aimlessly, she says and I hate to admit it but it makes sense.

Of course it does. I told you, I'm the wiser you, she says sounding conceited.

Sigh, fine, I'll do it, I say and with that, I enter the strange room and raise my hand to touch the mirror.

I pause and wait for him to barge in like before and give me a scolding I'll never forget.

Five seconds turn to ten and ten seconds turns to thirty and he still doesn't come and I put my hand down cause it was starting to hurt.

Hey crazy bitch, your idea sucked, he didn't come, I say to my inner self but she doesn't respond immediately like she usually does.

I wait another thirty seconds to see if she'll respond but she doesn't.

Sigh, looks like I'm on my own then, I think to myself.

I look back at the mirror and I swear I see my reflection smile at me, which is fucking weird cause I'm not smiling, I'm doing the exact opposite actually.

I raise my hand and the reflection does the same, but with that same creepy smile on her face.

I move forward to touch the mirror and she also moves forward.

I touch it and nothing happens. I sigh and look down but my happiness is short-lived when I feel someone, or should I say creepy me, hold my hand and pull me towards the mirror, which I might add, is swallowing my hand.

I try pulling my hand back but it doesn't work and that's when the unbearable pain and panic sets in and I start to scream on top of my lungs.

The more I pull, the faster my hand sinks into the mirror and the more unbearable the pain becomes, it feels like something hot is being poured on my hand, but I keep trying to pull my hand out and screaming for help.

Xavier suddenly enters and his eyes widen when he sees me with half my arm stuck in the mirror and tears, which I didn't even know were coming out of my eyes.

He pulls my hand out with great force causing more pain. The force from his pull sends both of us tumbling down to the ground.

I look down at my hand and what I see makes my head spin and my heart drop, and the urge to release my stomach's content wasn't helping at all.

My fingertips to my elbow was burnt and the amount of pain I'm feeling is insane. I start to hyperventilate and my breathing becomes irregular.

"Stay calm Scar, breath in and breath out, in and out. That's it, come on stay with me", Xavier says but I can't seem to get my breathing to go back to normal no matter how hard I tried.

My eyes start to close on their own accord and all the energy is drained from me which makes the urge to stay awake difficult.

"Keep your eyes open Scar, don't close your eyes. Do you hear me? Do not close your eyes"Xavier says as he gently slaps me.

I chuckle as I realize what he just said. I think this is the first time he's actually called me Scar and not Miss Anderson and I have to admit, it's kinda nice.

"What's so funny? ", he asks with a small smile on his face.

"You said Scar", I say in a low voice.

"Yeah so? That's what everyone calls you"he says.

"Yeah everyone except you" I say gradually embracing the darkness that was calling me.

"What were you doing in there again Scar? Are you always this stubborn?", he asks.

"I was looking for you. I needed a ride home. And what can I say, stubborn is my middle name.", I say.

My eyes close and the last thing I hear is,

"No, open your eyes Scar. Fuck"

And then, darkness takes over.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys, it's a long chapter. The new cover was made by gela_ay. She's a writer as well and I think you should check out her book. Oh and yeah don't forget to vote and comment what you think.

XOXO,

Rahina.