Chapter Twenty-Nine - Drowning [EDITED]

Drowning

Chad's POV

Note: this takes place right after Chad and Ryan run in different directions

I found my mate.

After three long years of searching I've finally found my mate. A mate that doesn't want me. The person who was meant to love and care for me no matter what, wants nothing to do with me. He rejected me without even getting to know me.

Why does no one love me? Why does everyone keep leaving me? My parents left me cause I was different. My siblings left me cause they envied my abilities. My friends left me cause they found me weird. And worst of all, even my own mate left me without getting to know me.

Maybe it'd be better if I left too, end all this pain and suffering. No one would miss me anyways. No one would even notice.

I keep running until I come across a cliff. I stand at the edge of the cliff and see there's a river below and I smile. I smile because I know very soon all this pain will stop. I think back to how my life has been so far. I had nothing good going on for me.

All I had was Scarlett. The only friend who stayed. The only one who loved me for who I was. She might never forgive me for what I am about to do. But I hope against all hopes, that one day she will. I close my eyes and all my memories start playing in front of me. I see myself at 6, when I first got my abilities. Then when I was 15, when I realized I was gay. When I was 17, my first love and heartbreak. And now, 19, rejected by my own soulmate. In all of those memories, all I saw was a weak boy. All I saw was a coward.

I open my eyes and a tear rolls down my face. A chuckle escapes me when I realize I'm doing the same thing i did in the past.

Running from my problems. Being a coward.

I take a deep breathe and close my eyes again. And with that, I jump. I jump to escape all my pain. I know it makes a coward but fuck it, it's all I want to do. I fall into the river with a loud splash. The water fills my lungs and I feel a tearing and burning sensation in my chest as the water goes down my airways. I don't fight it, I let the current pull me deeper into the river. My entire body ached but I did nothing to stop it. I deserved it. The pain, the glares, the hatred, the looks of disgust, the rejection, everything.

My end is near. I can feel it. My only regret is not telling Scarlett how much I love and appreciate her. I hope she can forgive me.

As stupid as it may seem, as I was drowning, I wanted to write a suicidal note before I did it. But I didn't have time or anything to write on, so I decided to use my abilities to send the message straight to Ryan's mind.

Its so hard to talk when all you want to do is kill yourself. That's above and beyond everything else. It's physically hard to open your mouth and make the words come out. They don't come out smooth the way normal people's words do. They come out in chunks as if it is from an ice crushed dispenser; you stumble on them as they gather behind your lower lip. So you just keep quiet. Keep quiet and endure. Endure all the pain life throws at you.

Dear Ryan, I am leaving because I am tired of enduring it. Tired of enduring all the shit life throws my way. I feel I have lived long enough. I am leaving you with your worries in this sweet cesspool. No more pain. No more suffering. I hope you find someone you love and live a happy life. Goodbye, Chad.

And with that, I welcome death with open arms.