Chapter Sixteen - In Hell and Rejected [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

It's Monday morning and things seem to have gone back to normal. I haven't spoken or seen Mr Xavier since our last encounter last Thursday.

Chad left yesterday and promised to visit next week after I threatened to find him and stab him in the throat with a butter knife.

I enter the school's parking lot and head straight to class and see Ryan.

"Hey Ryan." I say and he raises an eyebrow at me.

"So you remember me? I thought you forgot about me seeing as we haven't spoken since your dog attacked me" he says and I roll my eyes but realize he's right.

"I'm sorry about that by the way. Anyways I'll make it up to you." I say.

"You can make it up to me by going to the movies with me tonight." he says with a smile on his face.

"If I must" I say with a sigh, pretending to be annoyed.

"You're such a dork" he says with a roll of his eyes.

A dramatic gasp leaves my lips and I put my hand where my heart is, "You wound me" I say with a pout.

"Glad I could help" he says with a smirk and I just shake my head at his stupidity.

The teacher walks in silencing everyone and the class begins.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

The last bell rings and I pack my things and head straight to my car. I open the door only for it to be slammed shut by someone. I jump in fright and turn to see the intruder to be none other than Ryan, who is currently laughing his ass off.

"What the hell Ryan" I ask

"You shou_ld ha_ve se_en your fa_ce " he laughs hysterically, pointing at my face.

"Is there a particular reason you felt the need to do that ", I ask him annoyed by his actions.

He stops laughing and wipes the stray tears from his eyes.

"I just wanted to tell you to be ready by 8", he says.

"And you couldn't tell me on the phone?" I ask.

"If I did I wouldn't have seen your expression when I shut your door", he says.

"Whatever", I murmur under my breath and open the door again and get in.

I see Ryan start laughing again and I roll my eyes and reverse out of the parking lot.

I head to Mr Xavier's house to work  and my hands start trembling when I remember what happened the last time I was there.

I know what you're thinking, why the hell am I going back there? We'll the thing is I need the money to pay for Claire's hospital bill. Her parents died in a car crash and none of her relatives wanted anything to do with her so I took it upon myself to look after her. I know my mom said they'd help with the bill but I didn't want them to stress themselves too much.

If I don't get the money, the hospital is going to shut their machines off and Claire will die.

You need to do it for Claire, I tell myself and park my car in his driveway.

I knock on his door and it's opened immediately by a shirtless Xavier.

"You came back? "he asks.

"Of course I did spawn of Satan. I told you, I need the money. " I say and push past him into the house.