Chapter two- Intruders and Missing Underwear [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

OK OK, so someone was in my home. In my room, with my underwear in sight. Oh fuck this is so embarrassing. The intruder probably think I'm some disorganised girl with no social life whatsoever.

Now I'm guessing you are wondering why I'm so bothered about the fact that an intruder saw my underwear, and not bothered by the fact that some creepy psycho is running around in my house. Well you see, I checked, and everything is just as it was before I left for school. Nothing has been taken, and there's no one here.

Sigh, I might as well arrange the room now.

I pick my underwear and go to stuff it with the rest only to find half of them gone.

What the fuck?! Where did half my underwear go?! Don't tell me the intruder stole my underwear. What the hell is using them for anyway? Ugggg this is frustrating and stupid. But on the bright side, I did get a puppy. I've always wanted one but Mum and Dad said I wouldn't take care of it so they never got me one.

Max sits beside my feet with his head tilted looking at me. I guess he's hungry.

"Come here boy. Let's get you fed" I say and pick him up and head to the kitchen to feed him.

I look for a bowl and fill it with last night's leftover and fill another bowl with water. I don't even know if he will like it but that's all I have for now. I set them down on the floor and he sniffs it for a while before he starts to eat.

I leave the kitchen and go to my room to study because I don't have work today and I have a test tomorrow. A couple of minutes into reading all about the theories that dead people made, and my eyes start to close. I close my textbook and let sleep take over my body.

∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆∆

I wake up to the sound of the front door being opened and I sit up and grab my baseball bat on the floor and quietly open my door. I hear footsteps in the kitchen so I head there with my bat in the air, ready to swing down on the intruder. I peek from the wall of the kitchen and see two people in the kitchen, a man and a woman, with their backs facing me.

Perfect.

The man is busy rummaging through the fridge and the woman is looking in the cupboards.

This is great. It will be quick. I can just hurt them and call for help.

With that thought in mind, I enter the kitchen with a war cry and start blindly hitting the person closest to me, which just happens to be the person rummaging through the fridge.

"Oh my god Scarlett. What at you doing?! Stop!! That's your dad" the woman shouts and I open my eyes to see my dad halfway into the fridge with his eyes wide open.

"Whoops. Sorry dad" I say and drop the bat.

My mum rushes to my dad's side and inspects him for any injuries.

"Are you hurt?" she asks, even though it's obvious my dad is OK.

"Yes honey I'm good. Just a little startled. Luckily I turned right in time, otherwise i would've become a human piñata" he says and smiles at me.

"You need to be careful with that thing Scar. You could have hurt him, or with yourself" my mum says and I roll my eyes.

"Oh come on Mum, I am not a kid." I say

"I know Scar. But you need to be careful" she says.

"Yes ma'am" I say, wanting to end this conversation already.