Chapter Six- Sleepovers and Weird Gifts [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I pick it up, and when I see the caller ID, I quickly answer it.

"Hello beautiful" the boy I've grown to love greets.

"Chad! I missed you so much" I say.

Chad is my second best friend. We met a little after I met Claire. He used to live here. The three of us were inseparable. When we entered high school, I realised I had feelings for Chad. But turns out, he is gay. I had to admit it made me sad, but I'm better now. He moved away in our second year of high school.

"What's up b?" I ask.

"Oh you know. Going boy hunting, shopping, the usual" he says and I laugh a little.

Man I miss that boy.

"Oh shit Scar. I'll talk to you later baby. I just saw this really hot guy. But tell you what, I'll come over and we can hang out. Just like old times. But for now, bye" he says and hangs up.

I shake my head at the thought of Chad flirting. I turn in bed and I see a red envelope.

Seriously where from this. Its getting kind of old.

I open it and it reads,

Wait for me. I will surely come for you.

I look under my bed and pick up the box I keep all the envelopes and letters in and put this letter in. I still haven't read the one in my school bag. I look at the time, it's 7am.

Well that's a first

I get up and dress up in my usual black jeans and black crop top with Converse. I pack my things and head to class. Upon arrival, I notice that once again, I'm late, even though I woke up earlier than usual today. I get to class and again, everyone is already seated.

"Late again Miss Anderson" Mr Xavier says and I ignore him and take my seat by Ryan.

"What happened this time" Ryan asks and I just shrug.

"Okay class, open your textbook to page 271" Mr Xavier says, and just like that, class begins. A few minutes later, I feel my eyes start to close.

OMG this is so boring!

"Miss Anderson, can you please repeat what I just said" Mr Xavier said sounding pissed.

If this was a cartoon, I'm sure you could hear me gulp and see smoke coming from his ears.

"Umm...." I stupidly say and look at my textbook to see the topic. 'Ancient Greek' the book reads.

"Umm..." I stupidly say again and I turn to Ryan for help to see him sleeping as well.

Riiiiinnngggggg

Oh thank God. Saved by the bell.

"Class dismissed" Mr Xavier says and everyone, including me, starts to leave.

"Except you miss Anderson" he adds. I groan and take my seat again. I turn and see Ryan still sleeping and I hit him. He jolts up and looks around confused.

"Class just ended" I say and he nods in understanding.

"Umm Scar, can I speak to you for a moment" he says and I shake my head.

"I can't. Mr. Xavier wants to speak to me" I say with a roll of my eyes.

"Ok then, I'll stop by your house later tonight. It's movie night" he says, and with that he leaves.

I turn my attention back to Mr Xavier and see him glaring at the closed door. I clear my throat to catch his attention.

"What do you want this time?" I ask him with a sigh.

"I want you to explain to me your reason for sleeping in my class" he says.

"Oh that's simple. Cause your class was just boring" I say with a shrug and I see him clench his fists at his sides.

"Maybe if you paid more attention, you would know that it isn't boring" he says.

"Fine. I'll pay attention next time. Can I go now?" I say getting tired of being here with him.

He nods and I quickly leave. School continues for a couple more hours with nothing happening and soon it's over.

I get into my car and drive home, shower and arrange my room for movie night with Ryan. I make popcorn and take a lot of soda to my room. I pick five movies and place them in front of my bed. By the time I'm done with all those things, it's 6:30.

Ryan will be here in 30 minutes.

I pick up my phone and see I have a message from an unknown number.

Hope you get home safely ;)

Is that supposed to be a winky face? I thought to myself.

Who's this, I text back.

The reply comes instantly.

Just an admirer from afar ;)

What is with the winky face, I think to myself.

Sure well, I'm going to bed now. Talk to you later creepy guy.

I text back and decide to save his number as creepy guy.

Wait how do I know if it's a guy or a girl. Guess I just have to ask.

Scarlett: Are you a guy or a girl? I ask and once again, the reply comes instantly.

Creepy guy: I can assure you, I'm a guy ;)

Scarlett: OK seriously what is that with the winky face? And who the fuck are you?

I ask and this time, the reply doesn't come immediately. The doorbell rings and I get up to go open the door. Ryan hugs me before asking if I'm ready for tonight and I nod yes.

"Where are your parents?" He asks and I shrug.

"Beats me. I haven't seen them since last night" I say.

"OK so what are we watching tonight Scar" he asks as we enter my room.

"I picked a bunch of movies. They are in front of the bed. Pick your choice" I say and enter my closet for some extra blanket.

"Umm Scar, what is that" he asked and I come out of the closet and see a large rectangular box.

That wasn't there when I went to open the door for Ryan.