Chapter Thirty-Two - Attacked [EDITED]

Xavier's POV

"Your Highness, there's a situation in the hospital you left Miss Claire in"

The guard bursts through my doors and says bowing slightly but I ignore him. She could be dead for all I cared. She's the reason I lost Scarlett.

I miss Scarlett. I really do. I miss her smell, I miss her cute little touches. I miss the way her eyes light up when she's talking about something she loves. I miss the way she scrunches up er cute button like nose when she doesn't like something. I miss her awful cooking. Her cheeky comments. Her fiery personality. Everything.

I know I fucked up. I know I really hurt. And I know there's no way she'll ever forgive me or want to be with me anymore. But I'll spend the rest of my days asking for her forgiveness.

If I could could go back in time I would tell myself not to make the same mistake again. Life without her is like a broken pencil, pointless. I want her back.

I've trued everything to find her location. I even went to some witches for help but none could find her. Its like she just disappeared off the face of the earth. Like she doesn't even exist. Its so frustrating without her. I will do everything to get her back and when I do, I'm never letting her go.

Even if she hates me and doesn't want me back I won't let her go. And I know that makes me sound like a selfish piece of shit but I don't care. I want her and I'll have her no matter the cost.

The door bursts open to reveal another guard. He looked pretty shaken up.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"The hospital was attacked. Everyone was killed. There are mutilated bodies and severed heads everywhere. There's no sign of Miss Claire body though." He says and I nod.

"And Your Majesty, there was a letter for you" he says and hands me a red envelope and bows and runs out of the room with the first guard hot on his trail.

I take a seat on the bed and open the envelope to see a letter that reads,

"Your Royal Asshole,
Its Claire, yeah me. Anyways let's cut to the chase. I found someone stronger and more powerful than you so I'm leaving your weak ass. Oh and yes get ready, my new love is planning to attack you and your pathetic mate. I've said too much already. See you on the battle field.
Yours Claire, well not yours anymore lol"

I scrunch up the letter and it erupts into flames. I can't believe I was so stupid to think such a shallow minded person could be a Queen. I need to find Scarlett and warn her.

As soon as I think about that I hear a loud bang outside followed by screams. The same guard from before runs in again looking more scared than before.

"Your Highness we're under attack!!. The night crawlers have evaded the castle." He says.

"Gather our best warriors. If its a war they want, its a war they'll get" I say and he nods before his eyes widen.

"And one more think Sir. The night crawlers. They're being led by your mate" he says

"Scarlett"

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Third Person's POV

Scarlett. Such a fiery name. Fits her personality quite well if you ask me. Just when you think you've seen it all she goes and does something imaginable again. I've been watching her for a while now. She's got great potential and she doesn't even know about it. And that's why I'm here, to make sure she never realizes her potential. If she does, there's no way "good" is going to win if a war breaks out. I might hate the same people she does but the enemy offered a price I could never refuse. If a war breaks out, she will destroy everything and everyone in her path. Which is another reason why I accepted the offer made by the enemy. I have been tasked to keep watch over her. So there's nothing else to do than sit back and watch everything unfold and report it back to my superiors. Even though Scarlett can destroy the world, there's also the other side of me that believes she can save it it too. So for the sake of all that's innocent in this pathetic world, I hope Scarlett realizes her true potential cause there's a war coming and she's humanity and every other supernatural being's last hope.