Chapter Twenty-Three - Dead Baby [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

Two hours later, Chad appears holding eight shopping bags. Three were filled with large shirts, two with sweatpants, another two with maxi dresses, and the last one with all my favourite snacks. We talk for a while and he leaves because it was getting late. I close my eyes and fall asleep with a smile on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up the next morning and decide to once again, walk to the kitchen to get some breakfast. I get out of bed and dress in one of the shirts and sweatpants Chad brought. I slowly open my door and creep out of my room and into the hallway. When I get to the top of the stairs, the door to Xavier's room opens and Claire steps out looking like she just had a rough night of sex.

"Well, well, well, look who finally decided to stop hiding from her problems." she says with a smirk.

"What do you want Claire?" I ask and she continues to smile.

"Oh nothing. Just wanted to know how you were" she says.

"Oh I'm good." I say. Just then an idea just pops into my head.

"I mean, being pregnant isn't all that easy, you know. All that weight and weird cravings" I say and the look on her face is priceless

"Oh my God I'm so sorry. You didn't know?" I say and a smirk creeps on my face.

"Y-You are lying. You can't be pregnant. Y-You can't be" she says and I continue to smile.

"Oh honey but I am" I say and she continues to shake her head.

"You want to know when and how it happened? Well it happened the day he brought your sorry ass here. Damn was he good. And oh my what stamina he has. He kept going and going until he released in me and told me he loved me" I finish with a smirk and see tears in her eyes and a little guilt consumes me but I quickly push it back down. She deserves this and a whole lot more.

I see the door open to Xavier's room open and he steps out. Claire doesn't see him because the door is behind her and she has her back to him. She starts walking towards me with a crazed look in her eyes and I take a step back.

"You might be pregnant, but you are not going to have that baby" she says and with that, she pushes me down the stairs and the last thing I see and hear is Xavier scream no with a scared look on his face before everything goes black.

(Surprise!!!)

Xavier's POV

I wake up after a rough night with Claire to an empty bed and people talking in the hallway. I slowly walk out of the room and see Claire take a step towards Scar who takes a step back.

I hear Claire say "You might be pregnant, but you're not going to have that baby"

Pregnant? Scarlett's pregnant? With my child? Why didn't she tell me? I'm so lost in my thoughts that I don't see Claire push Scarlett which sends her tumbling down the stairs. I shout no and quickly rush to her and see that she's not breathing. I quickly teleport us to the best hospital and command the doctor to bring her back to me.

They take her from me and into the emergency room and tell me to wait outside. I walk to the nearest wall and slowly slide down and regret washes over me.

I never meant to hurt her. I did everything that I did to protect her. And yet, all I caused her was pain. It's true that I only wanted her powers when I first met her. But watching her grow from a distance and finding out she was my soulmate changed everything.

I sent people into her life to protect her and be with her when she needed someone to be there for her. After we made love and I said I love her, I meant it. I only said all those harsh things because some people thought I had become weak ever since I found her and they challenged my position. They said she was too weak and couldn't rule the kingdom, and the fact that she was an angel didn't help either. The females planned on challenging her for her position.

Even though she had some training, she still couldn't go up against all of them. So, I went for the strongest female there was. And that was Claire. She was fit for the position of a leader but only Scarlett was fit to be my queen and rule by my side.

When I heard Claire say that Scarlett was pregnant, I was shocked. I always imagined starting a family with her. I had already found a name for my first child. If it was a boy, his name would be Lucas Amara Xavier. He'd be strong and fearless like me but gentle and loving to his family. And if it were a girl, she'd be Annalise Avyanna Xavier. She'd be strong and fearless with a heart of gold.

My thoughts are stopped when the doors to the emergency room open and the doctor steps out.

"How is she doctor?" I ask him.

"She is fine now. But, she lost the baby. We tried everything we could to save both of them but the baby didn't survive. I'm sorry for your loss" he says and leaves.

My heart breaks and my world comes crumbling down. I lost my first child. I didn't even get to hold him or her and tell them how much I love them.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°

So, what do you guys think. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO,

Rahina.