Chapter Twenty-Six Recruiting An Army [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

"I declare war on your kingdom"

I say to him and transport myself out of his house.

Now that I have declared war on his kingdom, all I need to do now is gather an army and train them to take him down.

I start walking in the direction where I last saw the night crawler. I walk for about thirty minutes and still find nothing. Just as I'm about to give up, I hear a growl behind me.

I turn just in time to dodge a night crawler.

"I come in peace",I say to it but it just keeps growling at me.

"I don't want to fight. We can do this the easy way or the hard way",I say and get into a fighting position. I release my wings and summon my powers. It growls at me and starts running towards me at full speed.

"The hard way it is", I say.

I wait for it to get close enough and send it flying back again with my wings. It gets up and starts running towards me again. I send it back again and this time, a pointed branch pierces it's abdomen which causes it to wail in pain.

I hear more growls behind me and realize that it was calling for help. About twenty night crawlers emerge from the bushes and they look more deadly than the one I just fought with. They start circling me and I imagine a sword in my hand and within some seconds, a sword appears. They seem to be waiting for me to make a move.

I blink and that's all it takes for them to start attacking me from every direction. I killed half of them but I was extremely exhausted so my moves became slower and sloppier. I killed two more but there seemed to be more than there was at the beginning.

They were too much, I couldn't fight them at once so I decided to flee. I flapped my wings and took to the sky. I was almost out of there when I felt a sharp pain at my side. I looked down and noticed a branch sticking out of my side. I pulled it out and noticed that the tip was coated with night crawlers blood which was poisonous and prevented the wound from healing, which caused me to bleed out.

The loss of blood made me dizzy and I started to fall out of the sky. I landed on my back on the ground and I felt my spine break and painfully rearrange itself.

The wound at my side was still not healing and I had lost too much blood to even get up and defend myself.
From a distance, I hear the night crawlers closing in on me and closed me eyes, letting darkness take over me.

My last thought was,

"So much for gathering an army"

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

I wake up on the forest floor with the night crawlers observing my wings. I try to get up into a sitting position but a sharp pain prevents me from moving. The night crawlers notice I'm awake and start growling at me again.

"O'cmon, give me a break. I just woke up.", I mutter under my breath and try to get up again.

A growl louder than the others comes from somewhere and all eyes turn to that direction. A night crawler bigger than the others was coming towards me. It growled at the others and they bowed their heads.

The alpha, I guessed, was looking at me, observing me.

"I come in peace" I say and raise my hands as s sign of surrender.

"Prohibere. Dixit quæ est in pace"
(Stop. She said she comes in peace)

It speaks to the others. I watch as they retract their fangs and claws and reduce to about the size of a normal wolf.

"Why are you on our land demon angel?" the alpha asked when he too retracted his fangs and claws and took the form of a man.

"You speak English! Oh my god, yes!" I said excited that I could communicate with him.

"It appears I do. Now what is your purpose of trespassing on our land" he asked again.

"I am deeply sorry for trespassing. I was looking for some night crawlers who are willing to help me take down the demon King" I say to him.

"Why do you want to take down the Demon King" he asks.

"That is private information which shall not be revealed" I say to him

"And tell me why we should help you when you are not willing to tell us the purpose of you wanting to take down the Demon King" he asks.

"If you help me to win, I promise to get you your own land where there's more animals to hunt and I heard night crawlers never back down from a fight" I said.

"That is correct" he said looking at me suspiciously.

"I challenge your best fighter to a duel. if I win, you have to help me and if I lose, you can kill me" I say and I see him lick his lips.

"I've never tasted or been with a Demon Angel before" he said looking at me from head to toe.

"So do we have a deal or not?" I say getting irritated.

"We have a deal" he says and slices his palm with his claws and stretches his hand out for me to take.I slice my palm and shake his hand.

"So who is the strongest fighter?" I asked and he smirks at me

"Me" he says and transforms into a fucking hellhound. He stands at about six feet with mangled black fur, glowing red eyes, phantom characteristics, and a foul odor.

He lunges for me and I realize he has super strength and speed too. I remember reading in a book of European legends that, if someone stares into a hellhound's eyes three times or more, that person will surely die. And in cultures that associate the afterlife with fire, hellhounds may have fire-based abilities and appearance. This one certainly has all. I've already looked into his eyes twice. One more and I'll be done for.

I summon my angel blade. Its a long dagger with a tri-blade pattern. It can be used to kill angels, demons, reapers and regular nephilim.It was revealed that all angel blades have been touched by God, whether God actually created them is unknown. An angel blade can also drain an angel of their power, which causes him to lose most of his energy  It is also an efficient tool for torturing an angel. It was shown that angel blades briefly give off a blue spark of light when they clash with one another.

All in all, I'm holding a weapon powerful enough to kill me. If I mistakenly stab myself with this well let's just say I'll be dumb.

Anyways back to the fight. He's strong I'll give him that. But just like every other being, he has a weak spot, which just happens to be his his right arm.

He lunges towards me with incredible speed for something his size. But thanks to my small size, I manage to step aside just in time to avoid being maimed by his teeth.

I twist and raise my dagger up and manage to stab his arm with the dagger and he screams in pain and falls to the ground in pain. I pull out the dagger and put it to his throat and wait for him to surrender.

"Surrender. Now!" I scream at him when he makes no attempt at surrendering.

He shows me his neck as a sign of surrender. I put my dagger away and help him get up.

"You fight really well. I and the rest of the night crawlers pledge to help you and stick by your side to the very end" he says and bows down. The rest of the night crawlers follow his lead and bow down.

"Rise up my people. We need to start training. There's a storm coming and it's gonna be bloody" I say. They get up and look at me waiting for their next command.

"We start training immediately"