Chapter Fourteen- Demon King [EDITED]

Scarlett's POV

I wake up in a bed that isn't mine and I immediately begin to panic when my eyes take in the scenery.

I sit up in bed and try to remember how I got here and what I'm doing in a strangers bed.

OK so let's see, I went to school, got a detention from Mr. Xavier _

Mr. Xavier.

That's when all the memories start coming back to me and the panic from earlier comes with it.

My hand! My hand was bur_

wait a minute. My hand is healed, completely. There's no scar to even prove that there was a wound there.

Does that mean it was all a dream? A figment of my imagination? That can't be, it was real, it felt real. It couldn't have been a dream.

I need to talk to Mr. Xavier, he was there when it happened. He'll know what truly happened.

I swing my legs off the bed ready to go look for Mr. Xavier, for the third time.

As I'm about to twist the doorknob, the door opens and there he stands, looking good as always.

"What are you doing? You should be in bed, you need your rest. " Mr. Xavier says as he walks me back to the bed and sits me down.

"What happened?" I ask him.

"Mr. Xavier, what happened?"I ask again when he doesn't answer the first time.

"Tell me what happened dammit! "I all but scream when he doesn't answer the second time.

He sighs and runs his hand through his hair.

"You weren't supposed to find out like this. You weren't supposed to find out at all" he mumbles under his breath.

"You passed out last night" he says and I roll my eyes.

"Yeah no shit Sherlock " I say and he glares at me.

"Do you want to know what happened or not" he says still glaring at me.

I roll my eyes but keep my mouth shut this time.

"You came back yesterday after I left you to find your way home" he says and this time I'm the one glaring at him.

"You somehow stupidly wandered back into the same room with the mirror inside. When I got there, you were screaming and crying for help with half your arm in the mirror. I pulled your arm out and when you saw your arm you panicked and fainted" he said and my eyes widen.

"How is my arm healed. If I remember correctly it was burnt to a crisp just yesterday so how is it healed already, and that too without a scar" I ask and he swears under his breath.

"I kinda hoped you'd forget that" he says rubbing his neck.

I scoff, I don't think burning half of your freaking arm is something you forget so easily.

"I healed you" he says. I would have laughed if it weren't for how serious he looked when he said it.

"H-how?",

damn girl this is not the time to be stuttering like an idiot, grow a pair, inner me says.

I clear my throat and try again.

"How did you 'heal' my arm as you put it" I ask.

"Does it really matter?. Can't you just be happy I healed you and forget about it?" he says and I glare at him standing up.

"I will not just forget. I want to know what happened yesterday, everything that happened yesterday, not just part of it. What's up with that room? Who was that girl in the mirror who looked like me? Why did she try to burn me alive? How the fuck could she even touch me in the first place? And I want to know how you healed me and I want to know now" I say and he looks at me, surprised by my outburst.

That's what happens when you go through a lot of shit in a short period of time, you are bound to start looking a little crazy and vicious.

"OK, I'll answer all your questions. Can you just sit down, I don't want to look at you standing there"

Ouch, OK that hurt but whatever.

I sit back down and he starts explaining.

"That room you entered yesterday was no ordinary room. It was a portal.  I'm assuming you already know what a portal is?" he asks to which I nod.

"That portal was a portal leading to anywhere in the human world I want to be "

Wait, did he just say human world?

I open my mouth to ask him but close it when he sends me a look which says zip it.

"It can only be accessed by the owner. When you tried touching it, you were thinking of your room which therefore, created a portal to your room. But since you're not the owner, it saw you as a threat and tried to eliminate you. And as to how I healed you, well, I was able to heal you because I'm a demon " he says looking in my eyes to see my reaction, which was one of surprise.

"That's not possible, demons don't exist. They're just some fairytale told to children by their parents to make them behave " I say confidently even though I knew there was a possibility that what he's saying is true.

He smirked and stood up walking to the middle of the room.

"Oh we're very real my dear, in fact you're looking at one right now, fuck that, you're looking at the King right now " he says, making sure to put emphasis on the word king.

"If you're really what you say you are, then prove it. Show me your demon side" I say, still not believing him.

His smirk turns into a wide grin before he says,

"With pleasure "

And turns into a beast with pale red skin and huge bat like wings and claws the length of a baby's finger. He also had razor sharp teeth and to complete the devilish look, two small horns were perched on top of his head.

"Do you believe me now, human? " he asks in a much deeper voice than his original voice.

"Y-yo-you're a de-dem-demon" I say, moving back to create space.

"I'm not just a demon sweetheart, I'm the King of demons and you, are my little mate" he says with a smirk and my eyes roll back and I fall to the ground with a thud.

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

Hey guys. I know this chapter has a lot of information but I kinda feel like the story is taking forever so I'm speeding things up a bit. Oh and I know the description of Xavier's demon sucked but hey, at least I tried. OK so don't forget to vote and comment.

XOXO

Rahina.