2. The Bad-Ass Punch

Run.

That was the first thing to come to my mind.

Without thinking it through, I spun around and pushed my kidnapper back, catching him off-guard as he stumbled back a bit.

Which way had we come from again? Was it left or right?

Realizing I was being foolish for stalling even for a second, I took off down the hall going right.

I opened my mouth, getting ready to scream bloody murder to get the attention of other residents who lived here, when I fell.

No, it wasn't my own fault for once.

I was being tackled.

I fell to the ground in an instant, the kidnapper's body weight crushing me before I even got a chance to catch my breath.

I looked up into his eyes hesitantly, afraid of him getting pissed off and strangling me to death right on the spot.

But I was taken aback. Instead of his face being red and smoke coming out of his ears, and yes, I actually imagined that, he surprised me by laughing.

My kidnapper was laughing. At me. For almost escaping.

Nice. 

What was so damn funny?

Maybe my pants fell down while I was running...

I tilted my head to the right and looked past the crazy psychopathic kidnapper at my legs.

Nope, not my pants. He really is crazy. I should've figured when he pulled out a gun and pointed it to his head. Even though he knew it wasn't loaded, there could've been an extra bullet in there...

I looked at him confused, and after he wiped away a few tears that had fallen from laughing so hard, he spoke.

"Oh god, that was hilarious." He mumbled, shaking his head at me. "Highlight of my week."

I wasn't sure how to respond to that, afraid that maybe if I talk he might burst out laughing. Or crying. Or both. It was very possible.

There was a pause as he just stared at my face, with a small smile.

Oh no. The first thing that came to mind when I saw his polite smile was something that rhymes with grape.

I shrunk back as he lifted up a hand and brought it near my face.

He was gonna knock me out.

I squeezed my eyes shut, waiting for the blow, feeling helpless.

But it never came. I snapped open my eyes when I heard him start laughing again.

Oh god help me. I'd rather just die right now than put up with this crazy psycho.

"Um, excuse me Mr.Kidnapper? Can you just kill me already? You're starting to freak me out..." I said quietly and uncertainty.

He let out a small chuckle.

Thank god he didn't start laughing again...

"I'm not gonna kill you." He said seriously, and I saw the truth in his eyes.

But then that must mean he's planning on-

Noticing my sudden panic attack, he quickly added, "Nor will I harass you in any way. I mean no harm, really." He assured me with a calm tone.

He means no harm? Really?

"Then why the hell did you kidnap me!?" I couldn't help but yell out.