9. The New Best-Friend

NATHAN'S POV

I smiled one last time at Sky and Dustin before walking down the hall to the elevator.

I wasn't sure if it was the safest decision to leave my kidnapee alone in my apartment for two days with my eight year old brother, but I had no other choice. I couldn't miss this. I usually had one of the guards babysit him but ever since one of them raised a hand at Dustin, I didn't trust anyone else, so I had stopped going. But Skylar was someone who I trusted with Dustin...

I just prayed that she didn't try any more stints to escape while I was away. It ached my heart keeping her prisoner but I'd rather be watching over her myself than be having her locked up in the basement storage room.

The elevator doors opened to the parking floor revealing Alv-- Ryland, standing there against the wall, his arms crossed.

After being with her for almost three days straight, that girl had my thoughts invaded. She may be crazy, but she never failed to amuse me.

"Finally." Ryland muttered, pushing himself off the wall and walking off.

I despised that sniveling bastard. If he didn't own a whole army of men and hold so much control over me, I wouldn't hesitate on snapping his short little neck in a second...

I took in a deep breath before following his short figure to the black SUV parked at the very end of the parking lot.

I was in for one hell of a trip, one without Skylar there to make me laugh this time. She was the only person that had made me laugh a certain way in a long time, when she was supposed to be scared of me. It sounded selfish and stupid, but I sort of wished that I could keep her with me for a while. She made me feel more alive in a way. It got lonely here and  although I had an amazing younger brother around, I didn't mind Skylar and the way she made me feel. Her touch, her laugh, her weird outbursts and behaviors... God I'm starting to sound like a love sick puppy.

"We're here." Ryland grumbled, interrupting my thoughts. I looked out the window to see the large airport approaching us.

Staring up at the busy building, I reminded myself of the reason I was going. That was enough to make me step out of the car and gather my luggage from the back with Ryland.

We then wordlessly made our way into the airport, Ryland's men following closely behind. I noticed as soon as I walked in, every female in sight turned their head my way as if expecting the president to walk right in. I ignored it at first, but soon I saw some ladies starting to make their way towards me with raunchy smirks.

Now I really wish Sky was here, she would knock out all of them...but I knew she'd only do it for herself, not over me. But nonetheless, I smirked at the thought, following Ryland to the check-in line as soon as I saw him start to walk away. I wasn't getting left alone with all those females...

SKYLAR'S POV

"Alright off to bed now!" I said, getting out of the fort that had been built by Dustin and I. We had tried to get Max to join in on our fun, but apparently he'd rather write a twelve page essay for some assignment he had for college.

I switched off the TV and walked Dustin to his room.

"Goodnight Dustin." I said softly after tucking him in.

"Night LS!" He smiled back and turned to his side, closing his eyes and dozing off slowly.

I sat there for a while, making sure he wasn't faking and silently dying out of awe. I finally got up and went back to the living room, planning on watching some chick-flicks.