18. The Grenade

Cool banner by @ethnicallyconfused

I kept my eyes locked with Alvin's, not breaking away. I'd been having a little staring contest with him ever since he had finished his mind-blowing speech. I was trying to make him feel stupid, because that's what he really was.

Once I realized that this staring contest was going nowhere, I finally let out a sigh. I tried to speak but it came out as muffled nonsense due to the rag still tied around my mouth.

Alvin simply stared at me blankly, before barking orders at Cody and Brunette boy. "Untie her and throw her back in her room." He then started leaving the room, before stopping in front of Nathan.

"Make sure she gets back." He spoke to him, to which he curtly nodded.

"Yes sir. Are we good to leave after this?" Cody asked, the smallest hint of hope in his tone.

Alvin slowly turned around, looking quite psychotic. "Why would you leave?" He asked in a mocking tone.

I watched Cody keep his guard up and not show any emotion. "Well if we are not needed after this, I was wondering if we could leave." Cody answered simply and formally.

"And take the rest of the day off? Now why do you think I'd let you do that?" Alvin snarled evilly, causing my hatred for him to grow even more.

Cody didn't answer and simply looked down. With that, Alvin turned back around to leave once more.

"But sir, it's Christmas." Brunette boy finally spoke up, his tone unwavering and light.

Alvin spun back around, this time with force and marched right up to brunette boy.

"There are more pressing things in life than some holiday. Now get back to work the both of you or you won't even have a family to see." He grit out through his teeth, glaring at both of them with disgust.

After no one else objected, Alvin spun around and retreated for good this time, muttering things under his breath on his way out.

I was burning inside to just yell out one curse at him, but the look Nathan was giving me, as well as the rag prevented me from doing so.

Once the door slammed shut, brunette boy and Cody started to untie the ropes around me in silence. I watched their solemn robotic movements in commiseration.

"So why did you guys mummify me in knots when it wasn't even necessary?" I asked once the rag around my mouth was finally undone.

Brunette boy let out a small chuckle from behind me, but I could tell it was forced. "Boss's orders." He simply answered.

I nodded and stayed silent as they finished untying me.

Once I was free from the rope, I stood up and took a step forward, turning to my sides and waiting for the two to stand next to me.

Once they walked up to me, I held out my arms and they wordlessly grabbed them, this time more gently than before, and started to lead the way to the door.

I looked up to see Nathan looking down at his phone, but when we approached him and the door, he tucked it away and walked to stand in front of us.

"I'll take it from here guys." He spoke in an authoritative tone.

The two boys let go of me and I turned to them before Nathan could collect me.

I looked down at the small folded piece of paper in my hands and handed it to Cody without a word.

He gave me a curious look, before silently taking it and starting to walk away with brunette boy.

"Merry Christmas!" I blurted out to them before they could exit.