The Pines Go to Hexside: Part 1/4 (UPDATED)

Eda: Well, Kids, Did you ever think in your life you'd see something as breathtaking as this?!

Eda was praising a giant slug covered with filth and trash. The Pines twins and Luz looked in disgust.

Dipper: If it means keeping it as a pet, then no.

Eda: Oh no, I'm not keeping it, Dipper. This is the most inspiring animal in the boiling isles: The Trash Slug. It makes a home, a life from what others have thrown by the wayside...

Eda throws a screaming chicken toy out from the mouth of the slug.

Eda: Until, blam, it gets blasted by a wave one day and croaks from all the salt. And then we get to sell the stuff it ate.

Eda takes a pickaxe and offers it to the twins and Luz.

Dipper: Aww, What?
Mabel: Boo!

Luz: Please don't make us.

King: Aw, come on, guys. It's not every day you get to go to the dump and pick apart a garbage carcass.

King set down a towel with a sun picture on it and put on some yellow sunglasses. Dipper took out his journal and started writing while Mabel looked through the trash to find anything good.

Eda: Ah, nuts to you loonies.

CLANK!

Luz: So, Eda...

CLANK!

Luz: What if we tried some new lessons for our apprenticeship? Like...

SHATTER!

Luz: Read ancient scrolls or mix together potions, or‐

Eda: Ugh. That sounds like a bunch of magic school stuff.

Luz: Wait. Is there a magic school here? Like, winding towers, cute uniforms, dark plots that threaten your life kind of magic school?

Mabel popped out of the trash pile and ran to Luz and Eda.

Mabel: DID SOMEONE SAY MAGIC SCHOOL?! I KNEW GRUNKLE FORD WAS HIDING A DEAD OWL IN HIS BAG THAT ONE TIME!

Eda: Oh, Owlbert wasn't dead, he was dropped from Stanford's bag during the...War.

Dipper perked up at this and asked Eda about it. She responded saying that it was something she didn't want to think about again.

Eda: But yeah, there's a Magic School. What's worse, they force you to learn magic the "proper" way. But magic isn't proper. It's wild and unpredictable. And that's why it's so beautiful. I didn't finish school, and look at me! Who wouldn't envy where I am right now?

Luz frowned at this, but Eda tried to enlighten her.

Eda: Uh... Hey, here's a lesson. A great witch is resourceful, like this.

Eda puts Luz's arm into the slime of the slug, and Luz pulls out a slime ball. Dipper almost puked, but managed to keep it in.