Part 2/6: Luz > Mabel

The trio walked to the entrance of the city of Bonesborough. It was like the first time the came to the boiling isles, but up close! There were creatures like mutated butterflies, a giant centipede with a baby face, and a slime monster selling hot dogs labeled "Not Dogs". Mabel and Luz were amazed and gazed upon the sight of the city and its civilians.

Luz and Mabel: Wow!

King: Hey, it's rude to stare.

Luz: I've only seen places like this in my dreams. It's incredible. And we're the only humans here?

King: Haven't seen any others.

Mabel: Wow! There must be a reason for that, right? Why am we here?

Luz: Exactly! What if we, Luz Noceda and Mabel Pines, average teens, actually had... [gasps] ...a predetermined path of greatness? [gasps] Just like Azura!

Mabel: Haha, yeah! Wait, who's Azura?

Luz gasped in a judgement tone.

Luz: You never heard of The Great Witch Azura?!

Mabel shook her head.

Luz: You HAVE to read the books! It's about a witch named Azura who embarks on magical quests fighting evil and bringing peace across enchanted lands!

Mabel: OH. MY. GOSH! SO COOOOL!!

King: Yeah. Did Azura's path to greatness involve her delivering boil cream?

Luz: Today I'm delivering packages, but tomorrow I'll be earning the respect of everyone on the Boiling Isles with my magical prowess.

King: Ha! Good luck. The Boiling Isles is nothing but a cesspool of despair.

Luz: More like a cesspool of delight!

Mabel: Just wait and see!

Luz picks up the bag and scans the area to find any worthy customers for her "sale". She spots a centaur at a pumpkin stand. It was a perfect opportunity to sell her potions. Mabel and luz walked over to him in a fun and greeting manner.

Mabel: Hey, Hey, Hey!

Luz: What has four hooves and wants to buy a potion?

Luz and Mabel: This guy!

Centaur: [sighs] My eyes are down here.

His eyes AND MOUTH were on his chest.

Luz and Mabel: Ahh!

They then try to go to a house to sell their products, but when Luz tries to ring the doorbell, the mouth around the doorbell started to consume her. Luz was screaming in fear while Mabel tried to help her out. They eventually saved Luz and were at a Not Dogs stand with King devouring a Not Dog.

King: [sighs] I know I've had enough delight for one day.

Luz: I thought being the only humans in a magical world would make us special. But apparently, it just makes everyone want to scream at us or... eat us.

Luz shakes the mutated butterfly off her elbow.

Luz: [sighs] At this point, Azura had already been sent on an enchanted quest. Where's our quest‐granting wizard?

King: Sorry to break it to you, Luz, but no one here is that well‐dressed.

Luz: This has been a rough day. [grunts] Let's just deliver this last package and go home. Maybe this world isn't what I thought it wa‐‐