Cruel Disbelief

" You can now meet him! "
The doctor says to Sandra and Andy.
They rush to meet Robert Fields.

Sandra gasps at the sight of her grandfather. He is lying in the hospital bed, wearing a white hospital gown. So many wires are stuck in his body.
He looks so lifeless.

Sandra steps forward. She sits in the bed beside her grandfather.

" I have already met him thrice. You can take your time. I am outside. "
Andy says to Sandra and goes out of the room, giving her alone time with Robert Fields.

Sandra looks at her grandfather. She holds his hand and says quietly,
" Oh, Grandpa! I am so sorry! "

Her tears are falling from her eyes and some of them are touching Robert.

" I am so sorry for making you like this!
If I didn't meet you that day, you would've been fine! I shouldn't have burdened you with all the emotional trauma! "
Sandra says quietly,
" But the doctors have said you are stable for now. You need to rest. Thank God for saving you from something more dangerous! "
She gives a gentle squeeze to his hands.

For some seconds, she just stares at her dear Grandpa. She doesn't wanna lose him now when she has just found him almost after two decades.

Suddenly Sandra becomes surprised as Robert squeezes her hand back in a weak manner.
" Grandpa! "

But Robert doesn't show any other sign of being in sense properly.

" It's okay, Grandpa! Don't stress yourself out. You will recover soon! I love you, Grandpa! "
Sandra smiles a little. Seeing some life in his hand has given her a chance to smile.

She leaves the room looking at Robert again and sits beside Andy.

" Thanks for giving me some privacy. Thanks a lot for taking care of my grandfather, Mr. Jones! "
Sandra says to Andy.

" It's okay, Ms. Sandra. By the way, he is not a burden to me. I love him a lot too."
Andy gives her a supporting smile.

" I need to go home. Please call me if you see some improvement, Mr. Andy. "
She says to her.

Andy nods and she starts leaving the hospital. She stands outside the hospital and looks at the sky. The evening star is staring back at her. Sandra sighs. Time flies so fast!

She calls for a taxi and rides it to go home. Suddenly she gets a call.
" Sam? "
She asks her aunt.

" When are you coming back home, Sandra? "
Her aunt's voice is so calm.

" I am coming, Sam! I am! "
Sandra gives pressure on her words. She doesn't know why. She just wants Sam to believe her, even in this small talk.

Her life is surely changed.

---------------------------------------------------------

" You are here, Ophelia! "
Someone calls Sandra from behind when she pushes the gate of the house.

She looks behind and her blood boils in anger. Why does this Richard always roam around her?

" Shouldn't I come to my house, now?"
She asks him sarcastically.

" Oh, you should! Why won't you? At least you should be at your house today!"
He smiles evilly.

" What about today?"
She asks him, giving him a confused look.

" You forgot, dear! You are supposed to present your evidence against me, Ophelia!"
He looks at her mockingly.
" But I know you can't do that! "